Photos sharing websites

I was wondering what photos sharing websites do you guys use to share your photos of cruise ships and cruises??

I have been using flickr, but I can only have 1,000 photos on my account, and its now full. ( Cant afforded to upgrade my account).

I have used Shutterfly for family and group events.  It works okay and lets others add their photos.  For my photos I use Smugmug.  I don't sell photos through their plan but it gives me a web option that I can deal with.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:16 AM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I was wondering what photos sharing websites do you guys use to share your photos of cruise ships and cruises??

I have been using flickr, but I can only have 1,000 photos on my account, and its now full. ( Cant afforded to upgrade my account).

I will look past your “...can’t afford...” comment, my experience is that you get what you pay for. Free or cheap is not my preference. I pay for three cloud sites, annual subscriptions. 1. Zenfolio is my primary, I have about 5000 of my favorites stored there. Full sized, RAW images supported. My pricing for a premium package (unlimited storage) is about $100 but I was an early subscriber and maintain the same rate forever, I think the going price is higher.

2. I sporadically blog using a WordPress account. So I upload photos there. Could do embedded links to Z galleries but all of that requires more time and bandwidth than I usually have available while on a cruise. So I upload somewhat low resolution images to WP. They are slow!
3. And I have an Adobe Cloud account. It is really handy in some ways. I can download images to my iPad, do quick edits on Lightroom CC, then synch to the Adobe cloud. It is then very quick and easy to select 10 or 15 to have Adobe assemble into a web page, easy to share that web address. Bandwidth for upload is again an issue, but my biggest gripe is how difficult it is to be selective as to what gets synced. Costs $10 or so per month for modest storage and LR and Photoshop for multiple devices. 
All of the ones I have mentioned have reasonable protection against image theft.

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

• 3 weeks later...

For all of my general purpose images that I want to share on the web, I quit PhotoBucket when they began charging a huge fee and went to Imgur. I don't use them for any large archiving but only web photo sharing. Usually less than 500Kb files. For video, I started using Vimeo and DropBox paid services. For large storage offsite that are crucial to keep, I use Amazon paid services, but normally use external HDD at home.