Security stops American crew member from disembarking Oosterdam in LA

Dr.Dobro

49 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

Good news.  Looks like HAL is finally "accepting" the CDC order.  This is not a done deal but from the Facebook page of the American in question (the topic of this thread):

"Update: Well, I've been at sea for 50 days without setting foot on land. That is a crazy long time for a civilian.

My company [HAL/CCL] is looking at charter flights to get me [all of the Americans] home. It is difficult because I am a resident on the East Coast, and my ship is on the West Coast. If they do book it, and the CDC does approve it, I will be leaving May 8th. This is all tentative for now."

Wow, 50 whole days at sea.

And for those who feel that it is wrong to deny a US citizen entry back into the US, the law is very clear about this.  If the person is on US soil, then they cannot be denied entry.  However, on a foreign flag ship, that person is not on US soil, even when docked in a US port, and so that person can be denied entry.  This is the basis of "quarantine", and has been the law since the founding fathers.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Good news.  Looks like HAL is finally "accepting" the CDC order.  This is not a done deal but from the Facebook page of the American in question (the topic of this thread):

"Update: Well, I've been at sea for 50 days without setting foot on land. That is a crazy long time for a civilian.

My company [HAL/CCL] is looking at charter flights to get me [all of the Americans] home. It is difficult because I am a resident on the East Coast, and my ship is on the West Coast. If they do book it, and the CDC does approve it, I will be leaving May 8th. This is all tentative for now."

Good news, indeed!

2 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Good news, indeed!

Well, she was told at least once before that she would be getting off the ship, only to have it yanked away.  

I can't believe that Arison doesn't have his own little Gulfstream to offer up for free...