Celebrity Cruise Prices

Pickels

At this time I believe Celebrity is just trying to get a feel for the market regarding demand vs supply.

I assume they will adjust their prices accordingly once we are closer to being able to cruise.

There are so many factors involved before this happens which have been discussed previously. 

For the time being , I'd recommend they refund or send out the FCC's , asap to keep their "existing " customers from becoming   "former " customers .  

• Like 1

Posted prices today mean little.  With the uncertainty as to when cruising will resume why worry?  Prices will adjust to match demand.  

Probably little cruising this year.  For next year we will see.

Without a vaccine probably a third of customers will not cruise and many ports will remain closed.  

I canceled a February 2020 Caribbean cruise because I had bronchitis. I started watching an October 2020 Caribbean cruise as a replacement. Then Covid reached the US. For a couple of months now that October cruise has cost the same as the pre-Covid February cruise I missed. Finally, a couple of days ago, I got a resident special email that reduced the price by about $1,000. I haven’t booked it yet (not sure about cruising before a vaccine), but at least the price is tempting. Maybe Celebrity is only repricing its cruises that are close in time?

I think that Celebrity may be testing the market. I had an email through from my TA a few days ago with some reasonable offers. Mostly around this Christmas and New Year. The best I could see was for March 20121 though, 7 days in Caribbean on Apex in a Concierge for just over $1400, this included 4 perks. 

If this is how Celebrity thinks they will bring back their balance sheet they are misguided. Past and future prospectus cruisers will look to other cruise lines or alternative plans. Leaves me wondering what business model they are trying to convey. Clients are not going to rush to booking another cruise vacation until they know the risk to their health has been one hundred percent eliminated.

Edited by pasta1
spelling error

1 hour ago, pasta1 said:

If this is how Celebrity thinks they will bring back their balance sheet they are misguided. Past and future prospectus cruisers will look to other cruise lines or alternative plans. Leaves me wondering what business model they are trying to convey. Clients are not going to rush to booking another cruise vacation until they know the risk to their health has been one hundred percent eliminated.

That would be not leaving your house.