Just booked ncl joy for 2022!!

oliver35

Just booked my cruise for 2022 on the ncl joy from nyc to bermuda 7 day on may 15th 2022!! i was suppose to go to the bahamas back in march but it got cancelled because of the virus i have a angled balcony now the 700 something day wait LOL

• Like 1

Debbie I’m not totally sure as I haven’t been on either. I know that currently that the Encore has Choir if Man & Kinky Boots as entertainment. I forgot what the Joy has. You can go to the NCL site and pull up info on them both. I’m sure that the Joy is great. I believe that it was originally built for the Asian Market. I will be sailing on her the last week of June of 21 & 22. 
enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, debbiecooks123 said:

Bonni, what is the difference between the Joy and Encore?

Joy has the Galaxy Pavillon in place of the Thermal Spa. Probably the biggest difference  as they are more the same than different .

3 hours ago, debbiecooks123 said:

The Joy does not have the studio cabins like the other breakaway/breakaway plus ships

8 hours ago, debbiecooks123 said:

The are sister ships. They are the same class of ship (breakaway plus) with observation lounges. 

The Joy just underwent a $50M makeover to strip out the Asian decor and replace with boring American stuff. 

The Joy has 80 Concierge suites and no studios. The Encore has a bigger, faster race track. 

The restaurants and shops and bars are mostly the same. They have different Italian restaurants. 

The Joy does not have a Thermal Suite. The Encore does not have a Spice H20 sun deck. 

Hi All,

I just booked the Tampa/New York repositioning cruise for April 11, 2021 the other day.   It's always so much fun deciding on a cruise and booking and planning for it.  Hope all will have as much fun.

Looking forward to this cruise as my May 30th Canada/New England isn't happening.  Til then everyone stay safe and healthy!

Blessings,

happytotravel

Edited by happytotravel

1 hour ago, happytotravel said:

Hi All,

I just booked the Tampa/New York repositioning cruise for April 11, 2021 the other day.   It's always so much fun deciding on a cruise and booking and planning for it.  Hope all will have as much fun.

Looking forward to this cruise as my May 30th Canada/New England isn't happening.  Til then everyone stay safe and healthy!

Blessings,

happytotravel

Hi Happy2travel,  if you want to join the roll call, here's the link:  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, happytotravel said:

Hi All,

Blessings,

happytotravel

We are on this cruise as well.  Haven't been on the NCL Jade yet.  Very excited to try a Jewel class ship, and the itinerary is awesome. 

We booked the Joy for January 10-17, 2021.  Past-Guest cruise.  I need 9 points for Platinum, and this cruise gives me 14.  Will get me to Platinum for the Jade in April 🙂

Edited by kismet618