Meraviglia, Yacht Club & Gelato Question

KnoxRunner

Hey everyone,

I am hoping that someone could help shed some light on something for me.

My wife and I are going on the Meraviglia in June of 2021 with our 2 daughters. We are booked 2 inside rooms in the Yacht Club. It will be our second time in the YC, first was Seaside in 2018, and we are super excited. We actually canceled our Carnival cruise we had booked to get back in the YC we loved it so much, even lost our $500 deposit in the process.

I wanted to clear up one thing about the Meraviglia. Someone posted a review that the gelato wasn’t included because it was part of Jean-Phillippe’s but I seem to remember that the gelato was included on the Seaside even though it was in JP’s as well. I know the specialty chocolates weren’t included but I could swear I remember the gelato and even the “desert” drinks were included.

I hope that someone can clear this up for me, our eldest is REALLY looking forward to the gelato.

Thanks in advance for any help and I hope everyone can get back to cruising soon!!

William

Nothing from the Meraviglia's Jean Philippe store was included with the Yacht Club experience.  In fact the chocolates on our bed each night were Venchi.  There was good ice cream available to all at the Atmosphere Ice Cream bar on deck 15.

46 minutes ago, Até said:

Nothing from the Meraviglia's Jean Philippe store was included with the Yacht Club experience.  In fact the chocolates on our bed each night were Venchi.  There was good ice cream available to all at the Atmosphere Ice Cream bar on deck 15.

Thanks for the reply!

2 hours ago, Até said:

....There was good ice cream available to all at the Atmosphere Ice Cream bar on deck 15.

That was our experience also although the first time we came across it they insisted it was not free to YC passengers. I respectfully pointed out that was incorrect and, following approval from the manager, we had no problem getting such on a daily basis.....they have a reasonable selection of flavours which would work for most guests.

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

They will serve gelato sometimes while on the pool deck in YC. 

We experienced that also, it's a lovely touch especially on hot days!