Cruise with NO Confidence?

With the probability that cruises will not re-start (at least in any meaningful way) this summer, it would be helpful if RCL extended its "Cruise with Confidence" program beyond September 1st. Otherwise every booking becomes a "Cruise with NO Confidence" gamble.

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

With the probability that cruises will not re-start (at least in any meaningful way) this summer, it would be helpful if RCL extended its "Cruise with Confidence" program beyond September 1st. Otherwise every booking becomes a "Cruise with NO Confidence" gamble.

As long as cruises continue to be cancelled they will continue to push that back

27 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I expect it to be extended.  Currently it is covering all cruises that are past final payment and those with final payment approaching which is the intent of the policy.  It will cover cruises with final payments due up to June 1

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

As long as cruises continue to be cancelled they will continue to push that back

The September 1st date has never changed. "Cruise with Confidence" only protects cruises that sail prior to September 1st.

Just now, orville99 said:

The September 1st date has never changed. "Cruise with Confidence" only protects cruises that sail prior to September 1st.

Yes it did.  It was initially set at June 30th and has been extended already to Sept 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will cover cruises with final payments due up to June 1

True. If you have a cruise scheduled with a final payment date after June 3, however, you either have to cancel prior to 6/3, or start losing $$ since the penalty period goes "live" again on June 3rd.

Edited by orville99

3 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

That's not true.  It was June or July when they first rolled it out.

The first iteration went to July 31. We cancelled two July cruises the day it was announced.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

True. If you have a cruise scheduled with a final payment date after June 3, however, you either have to cancel prior to 6/3, or start losing $$ since the penalty period goes "live" again on June 3rd.

Yes, but my point was that the policy that as it sits covers everyone it needs to.  

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it did.  It was initially set at June 30th and has been extended already to Sept 1

So if you have a cruise that’s not past final payment but sails before September 1st, what happens to a NRD (in this case a suite) if you cancel under the current policy?  Do you get any of the $500 back as a refund or is it all a FCC?  And do you still lose the $200 NRD part?

14 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

So if you have a cruise that’s not past final payment but sails before September 1st, what happens to a NRD (in this case a suite) if you cancel under the current policy?  Do you get any of the $500 back as a refund or is it all a FCC?  And do you still lose the $200 NRD part?

The non-refundable portion goes as a FCC, and the refundable portion (if any) goes back to your original form of payment.

23 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

You fall under cruise with confidence,  as it’s a NRD it is all issued as a FCC.  No penalty 

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

No reason to think that it wont be extended

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s a suite.  There is no refundable portion. 

Thanks, wasn't sure as we've never had to cancel a suite (yet). Have one hanging fire for September 20 that we're holding off paying anything more than the deposit until final payment date. As it stands now, if we cancel we lose the deposit. If RCL extends the CWC program past 9/1 at least we might salvage an FCC out of the cruise.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

So on a suite you lose the full deposit, not just $100 pp if you cancel?

All non refundable deposits are the same regardless of cabin type.  

$100 pp cancellation fee the rest goes back to you as a FCC.  Under the CWC (sailings prior to Sept 1) the $100 pp fee is being waived

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Thanks, wasn't sure as we've never had to cancel a suite (yet). Have one hanging fire for September 20 that we're holding off paying anything more than the deposit until final payment date. As it stands now, if we cancel we lose the deposit. If RCL extends the CWC program past 9/1 at least we might salvage an FCC out of the cruise.

Yep, if you cancel now its a $100 pp fee the rest on a FCC.  Hold off until the CWC is extended and you get it all as a FCC

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I have the exact same scenario. September 13th out of Bayonne. I really don’t want to make final payment and wait for it to be cancelled. I already have thousands in FCCs and refunds I’m waiting for. 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All non refundable deposits are the same regardless of cabin type.  

$100 pp cancellation fee the rest goes back to you as a FCC.  Under the CWC (sailings prior to Sept 1) the $100 pp fee is being waived

Thanks for the clarification. I normally never book nonrefundable, but I wanted to try a Loft Suite. 

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

Thanks for the clarification. I normally never book nonrefundable, but I wanted to try a Loft Suite. 

Hope you get to try one. DW loves them (so do I)😃

• Like 1