Tours that include rum and or chocolate :)

Choozin Croozin

I know no one is going anywhere right now and I can only hope that they will find a way to cruise by next February. Soooooo  I am looking for a tour of a few places and includes rum and or chocolate. There is a Viator tour that is perfect but 1) they only leave from the north hotels and 2) not Saturday when we are in port. Thank you for any help. 

16 hours ago, Choozin Croozin said:

I know no one is going anywhere right now and I can only hope that they will find a way to cruise by next February. Soooooo  I am looking for a tour of a few places and includes rum and or chocolate. There is a Viator tour that is perfect but 1) they only leave from the north hotels and 2) not Saturday when we are in port. Thank you for any help. 

Which viator your was "perfect" - so we can help suggest other tour options. 

And the viator tours usually also do cruise ship pick-ups, as the port is in the north. 

If it's the Heritage Rum and chocolate one, yeah - won't run on a Saturday as the estate home is closed one weekends; the family needs some privacy!

You can contact a couple different tour companies and see if they can out together a full day trip to the actual cocoa plantations down south! (Find Doux or Hotel Chocolat, etc). Plus see the iconic Pitons!

Check Serenity TVL, Real St Lucia Experience, GemXcursions, etc to customize a day.

I'd suggest heading straight to Soufriere, hit either Fond Doux or Hotel Chocolat for the chocolate making experience, lunch in the area, then back to the rum distillery and back to ship..  it'll be a full day, but you'll see a lot and enjoy lots of experiences.  

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Which viator your was "perfect" - so we can help suggest other tour options. 

And the viator tours usually also do cruise ship pick-ups, as the port is in the north. 

If it's the Heritage Rum and chocolate one, yeah - won't run on a Saturday as the estate home is closed one weekends; the family needs some privacy!

You can contact a couple different tour companies and see if they can out together a full day trip to the actual cocoa plantations down south! (Find Doux or Hotel Chocolat, etc). Plus see the iconic Pitons!

Check Serenity TVL, Real St Lucia Experience, GemXcursions, etc to customize a day.

I'd suggest heading straight to Soufriere, hit either Fond Doux or Hotel Chocolat for the chocolate making experience, lunch in the area, then back to the rum distillery and back to ship..  it'll be a full day, but you'll see a lot and enjoy lots of experiences.  

Yes, it was the Heritage Rum and Chocolate tour. You're good!! Thank you so much for all your helpful tips here. I will do just that. Great suggestions and I appreciate you taking the time to pass them along.. Thank you again. 😄

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but it’s the only chocolate one I could find.  🙂

Our cruise line offers an excursion to this estate rather than the ones mentioned above.

http://www.howeltonestate.com/howelton-chocolates/

We prefer cruise line excursions when we can, but if there’s a much better experience elsewhere we would consider it.  

Thoughts?  Has anyone been on any of the chocolate excursions and can comment?

Thanks!

On 8/22/2022 at 7:26 PM, bookbabe said:

I know this is an old thread, but it’s the only chocolate one I could find.  🙂

Our cruise line offers an excursion to this estate rather than the ones mentioned above.

http://www.howeltonestate.com/howelton-chocolates/

We prefer cruise line excursions when we can, but if there’s a much better experience elsewhere we would consider it.  

Thoughts?  Has anyone been on any of the chocolate excursions and can comment?

Thanks!

The Howelton Estate tour is the one from the Viator tour in the first couple posts. While it's not, by far, the best or most comprehensive or in depth chocolate experience, it's the closest to port.. you'll learn a little about the cocao and pound your own bar .

The best ones are still the two in Soufriere - Fond Doux or Hotel Chocolat..

You'll see cocao from tree to bar, full plantation experience, Pitons, etc instead of a short jaunt up the hill across from the harbor, which is mainly a residential area .. 

• Like 1