Will track and trace make cruising more difficult?

pete14

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

From reading the Bloomberg article it looks as though Princess has cancelled cruising worldwide until Autumn.

That's right, but Sue said ALL 2020. But as we are sailing P&O in August that's ok.🚢

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That's right, but Sue said ALL 2020. But as we are sailing P&O in August that's ok.🚢

wish it were true but the chances of a ship which is not currently ready to sail sailing at a time that there will be no answer to the virus is nil.

As Princess, along with all the american lines  go back across the pond in the autumn we will not see them this year...except for allure of the seas which is hiding here.

Whether they will come back next spring  we will have to see. They might  sell the cruises,  but if there is no vaccine by then I cant see the British being able to cruise.

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

There was a massive list on a Facebook post, many more than just the Southampton ones and quite a few into 2021 cancelled too.

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Princess have stopped all sailings in 2020 including all from Southampton, you need to start accepting it Zap!

My October cruise is still on with Princess.

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I very much doubt if Carnival group will be going anywhere in August in the light of this scathing response from Congress.

https://transportation.house.gov/imo/media/doc/PUBLIC - 2020-04-30 - PAD-Maloney LTR to CARNIVAL RE COVID-19 Response.pdf

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Give it a go, we taught my mother in law at 86 to do online shopping from Sainsbury's and she did very well with it.  She did once manage to order 6 packets of spaghetti on one occasion but over the eight years until  she passed away that was the only error.

I will do but obviously I can’t go into their house at the moment!

Total list of Princess cancellations covering most parts of the world on their Facebook page including Alaska, Canada, New England and Europe for all of 2020 will P&O and Cunard follow suit. Personally cannot see any cruises leaving UK in 2020.

Edited by majortom10

57 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I very much doubt if Carnival group will be going anywhere in August in the light of this scathing response from Congress.

https://transportation.house.gov/imo/media/doc/PUBLIC - 2020-04-30 - PAD-Maloney LTR to CARNIVAL RE COVID-19 Response.pdf

Pretty damning report on cruise ships and to be honest do not think cruise lines have taken H&S on cruise ships for years especially with regards to Noro Virus. There are hand sanitiser machines outside restaurants and buffet areas and bottom of gangplank when you are at port. Many walk past them in buffet and restaurant and dont use them or if a member of staff is there and asks they usually say "ive just washed my hands" or "I am allergic to the liquid so cannot use it" and on returning to the ship from port visits at the bottom of the gangplank there is always security checking your cruise card well they should insist that everyone uses the gel. At the moment in my experience less than 20% use it. Cruise lines have got to get serious about more cleansing of the ship making sure everyone washes their hands after using the toilet, many dont, and insist that hand gel is used before entering any restaurant.

33 minutes ago, TinyDavid said:

Hi CCFC my cruise with Princess in October on Crown Princess is cancelled received mail earlier 😭

I'm also sailing out of LA in October on Royal Princess on a B2B, not sure what happens if they cancel just one of them!

Edited by CCFC

I'm waiting to hear what Boris has to say on Sunday. It might gives us slightly more detail on what's to come. Anything that gives us a clue so we aren't relying on guess work and speculation for our holidays. I'm still hoping for our November cruise to go ahead.

Avril 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm waiting to hear what Boris has to say on Sunday. It might gives us slightly more detail on what's to come. Anything that gives us a clue so we aren't relying on guess work and speculation for our holidays. I'm still hoping for our November cruise to go ahead.

Avril 

I’m waiting for Boris too. My husband has a week off in July, we were going to take local day trips then. He still wants to take his week off as he’s been working through whereas I was sent home for 3 weeks until my home working started. 
So I’m waiting to see whether to delay a week or two or take it!

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Pretty damning report on cruise ships and to be honest do not think cruise lines have taken H&S on cruise ships for years especially with regards to Noro Virus. There are hand sanitiser machines outside restaurants and buffet areas and bottom of gangplank when you are at port. Many walk past them in buffet and restaurant and dont use them or if a member of staff is there and asks they usually say "ive just washed my hands" or "I am allergic to the liquid so cannot use it" and on returning to the ship from port visits at the bottom of the gangplank there is always security checking your cruise card well they should insist that everyone uses the gel. At the moment in my experience less than 20% use it. Cruise lines have got to get serious about more cleansing of the ship making sure everyone washes their hands after using the toilet, many dont, and insist that hand gel is used before entering any restaurant.

We have never  contracted norovirus on any ship since we began cruising 10 years ago, even though there have been serious outbreaks on 3 of them we were on. I hope i haven't just jinxed us😉. We have travelled for many many years all around the Far East, eaten from local street stalls and  in villages and never been ill. You have to be responsible for your own personal hygiene. Even if others aren't careful with their own,  as long as you are that's all that matters.

Avril 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Please don’t think this is over

Take care

47F499B9-11EF-4A1E-8362-FE3413FD2C11.jpeg

I don't think for one moment this is over. I'm not naive. If you read my post again I merely said that  we would have a clearer idea of where this is going. Keeping optimistic keeps me sane(ish).😊

Avril 

To clarify what cruises Princess has cancelled, its not all of them so far in 2020.

•  

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/ 

• All Remaining Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe Cruises and Cruisetours in 2020
  • All Remaining Australian and Caribbean Cruises through August, Japan Cruises through October 1 and Taiwan Cruises in July
  • All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia Cruises on Pacific Princess
  • Summer 2020 Cruises Departing May 11 - June 30, 2020
  • All 2020 Alaska Cruises and Cruisetours for Star, Golden, Pacific, Coral, Royal & Grand Princess
  • July 2020 Mediterranean Cruises for Enchanted Princess
  • Select Australia Homeport Cruises for Sun & Sapphire Princess Departing June 23 - September 2, 2020
  • Select Australia Homeport Cruises for Sea, Sun & Sapphire Princess Departing May 8 – June 15, 2020
  • All Destinations & Ships Departing March 12 – May 10, 2020

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have never  contracted norovirus on any ship since we began cruising 10 years ago, even though there have been serious outbreaks on 3 of them we were on. I hope i haven't just jinxed us😉. We have travelled for many many years all around the Far East, eaten from local street stalls and  in villages and never been ill. You have to be responsible for your own personal hygiene. Even if others aren't careful with their own,  as long as you are that's all that matters.

Avril 

Absolutely. Take care of your personal hygiene and protect yourself best you can from the ignorant slobs. Minimize the risk is all you can do. We take lots of holidays normally, about 5/6 a year. I have had NV once in a hotel, never on a ship. DW has dodged it completely. Covid is obviously much more serious then NV but humankind will control it. Life will go on and it won't end up like the walking dead. There will always be risks and frightened people

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCFC said:

To clarify what cruises Princess has cancelled, its not all of them so far in 2020.

•  

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/ 

• All Remaining Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe Cruises and Cruisetours in 2020
  • All Remaining Australian and Caribbean Cruises through August, Japan Cruises through October 1 and Taiwan Cruises in July
  • All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia Cruises on Pacific Princess
  • Summer 2020 Cruises Departing May 11 - June 30, 2020
  • All 2020 Alaska Cruises and Cruisetours for Star, Golden, Pacific, Coral, Royal & Grand Princess
  • July 2020 Mediterranean Cruises for Enchanted Princess
  • Select Australia Homeport Cruises for Sun & Sapphire Princess Departing June 23 - September 2, 2020
  • Select Australia Homeport Cruises for Sea, Sun & Sapphire Princess Departing May 8 – June 15, 2020
  • All Destinations & Ships Departing March 12 – May 10, 2020

Thanks for the list, I couldn’t post as on my phone. That’s still a long list 😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Absolutely. Take care of your personal hygiene and protect yourself best you can from the ignorant slobs. Minimize the risk is all you can do. We take lots of holidays normally, about 5/6 a year. I have had NV once in a hotel, never on a ship. DW has dodged it completely. Covid is obviously much more serious then NV but humankind will control it. Life will go on and it won't end up like the walking dead. There will always be risks and frightened people

All life is a risk zap, but it's the only one we get. I prefer not to waste mine, but I' still try to be careful with it.

Avril 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1