Celebrity Beyond: Delivery postponed by several months

monsterl

40 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

Oh, my gosh.... you don't know how many times we say the same thing!  We may switch over to Royal when we retire for that very reason, even though we much prefer Celebrity.  Not crazy about switching to those huge Royal ships with soooo many people and the downgraded dining experience, but we're not sure we're going to want to deal with the hotel prices and the crazy traffic down in the Miami/Port Everglades area as we get older.  Fingers crossed that X someday brings a ship to Port Canaveral!

We love port Canaveral, just not DCL anymore. There was an OJ stand/small shop just down from our hotel where we always got a glass of fresh squeezed OJ the morning we sailed. My wife also like the hush puppies from Long John Silvers. We had beach access and would go to walgreens to get soda and snacks the night before. Maybe post pandemic RCCL will offer ships like the freedom or adventure out of PC.

I think Celebrity does sail out of Tampa and that wasn't too pricey, but it sure doesn't beat sailing out of your backyard like PC is for you. 

Edited by cgolf1

16 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So tell me why that is different from people who like the E-class expressing their opinion in every E-class thread?  Why do people only complain about people that don't like the E-class?  Perhaps we need all viewpoints to provide a balanced view for potential new cruisers.

I love it!  Back to normal discussions on who liked Edge and who did not.  Yes the good old days!  A discussion with no mention of The Virus.  (oops just mentioned it- damn!).

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I love it!  Back to normal discussions on who liked Edge and who did not.  Yes the good old days!  A discussion with no mention of The Virus.  (oops just mentioned it- damn!).

I think this is the new Celebrity chair hog thread. Throw in the folks in Eden that decorated someone next to me in pillows during the show and we can really get a lively discussion going;)

Booked Edge as it had the itinerary of partial Panama Canal transit.  Selected sunset veranda as I actually like being outside when in veranda.   Also, prefer longer sailings And this is 11 days.  Hopefully this one will sail in 2022!  

Next cruise is February 2021 (Equinox) and will have to see what happens with that. 

Pretty sure the cost per pax of running the E-class ships is markedly lower than any other ships in their fleet.  From the fuel efficient hull, to the fuel efficient infinite verandas, to the economies of scale of a larger ship, and then added on the fact that the Edge class ships are able to book for MORE per room than any other ships in their fleet. 

So they get more money per pax, and spend less per pax. 

I feel if they are in danger of bankruptcy, I think the financial move in looking at the future would to be to get rid of all their older ships, and spend that cash on the new ships. 

Edited by UnorigionalName