Switched Cruise to next year under new CWC! Anyone else?

On 5/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Was yours something other than a 7 night booking?

No, it was 7 nights. The issue was the cabin type: I had a studio on the Radiance, and there are only 3 of them. The other itinerary was on the Serenade, a sibling ship that also has just 3 studio cabins. It was compounded by misinformation from RCI and by the original reservation's having been made through a travel agency that didn't want to put any effort into changing a booking when the departure wasn't imminent.

In the end it turned out that a studio was available on the Serenade. I eventually made a new booking but that wasn't all bad--while I had to pay a new deposit, the FCC from the original deposit will be available to apply the new cruise or another that is booked  for earlier in 2021, and the total came out to be less, because of better discounts available now.

I moved our September Empress Canada cruise to the same itinerary on Empress next year - departing one day earlier. Now we have to hope that Royal keeps Empress!

I attempted to Lift and Shift our November 2020 Explorer Transatlantic from Rome to the October 2021 Odyssey Transatlantic from Rome - both 14 nights. My travel agency emailed me, saying, “Not same class of ship - does not qualify.” I knew from reading CC that the agent’s info wasn’t correct (thanks, Ken!) - so I sent them several emails quoting RCI’s FAQ on the topic! Hopefully they’ll respond with good news tomorrow. 

• Like 1