Lift & Shift Question

Looking for so help with Lift & Shift. We have a cruise booked for August of this year out of Bayonne. I have a feeling that this cruise is going to be canceled. So here's my question if we wait for Celebrity to cancel this sailing can we opt for the Lift & Shift or do we have to do it before it is canceled.

Just now, attitudeda said:

Looking for so help with Lift & Shift. We have a cruise booked for August of this year out of Bayonne. I have a feeling that this cruise is going to be canceled. So here's my question if we wait for Celebrity to cancel this sailing can we opt for the Lift & Shift or do we have to do it before it is canceled.

It is unknown at this time if L&S will be an option after the cruise is cancelled. 

why not L&S now. 

• Like 1

You have to do it while it is an active booking, so before it's cancelled, there is slightly more info on the L&S thread.

I'd be surprised if Celebrity cancelled that sailing.

4 minutes ago, lizord said:

You have to do it while it is an active booking, so before it's cancelled, there is slightly more info on the L&S thread.

Can you please post the link.

7 minutes ago, lizord said:

While that is true currently as there is no look back period we do not know what the policy will be for the next set of cancellations.

they could easily have 3 options.

1. Refund

2. FCC

3. L&S

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

While that is true currently as there is no look back period we do not know what the policy will be for the next set of cancellations.

they could easily have 3 options.

1. Refund

2. FCC

3. L&S

I agree with this and hope they will as well. For these kinds of things I try to be safer than sorryer so that's why I assumed they wouldn't.

13 minutes ago, lizord said:

You're saying you think an August 2020 cruise is going to sail?  I think the lift and shift policy, while a good offer for customers, is also clearly intended to get rid of bookings this year to reduce refunds/FCC when the cruises are cancelled.

Edited by bouhunter

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You're saying you think an August 2020 cruise is going to sail?

No, I just think Celebrity won't cancel a RCCL cruise, this is the RCCL board.

Edit: accidentally put RCL instead of RCCL.

Edited by lizord
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, lizord said:

No, I just think Celebrity won't cancel a RCCL cruise, this is the RCCL board.

Edit: accidentally put RCL instead of RCCL.

Actually RCCL (whose stock symbol is RCL) is the corporation that owns Celebrity, RCI and other lines. 

The cruise line has been RCI (Royal Caribbean International) for many years.  

2 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

Actually RCCL (whose stock symbol is RCL) is the corporation that owns Celebrity, RCI and other lines. 

The cruise line has been RCI (Royal Caribbean International) for many years.  

This is true, I was trying to think if it was RCCL or RCI, thank you.

8 minutes ago, lizord said:

This is true, I was trying to think if it was RCCL or RCI, thank you.

RCI is one of the worlds largest Timeshare Exchange Company .  RCI stands for Resorts Condominiums International.

Edited by Jimbo

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

RCI is one of the worlds largest Timeshare Exchange Company .  RCI stands for Resorts Condominiums International.

Also stands for Royal Caribbean International and on the NYSE it stands for Rogers Communications Inc.  

https://www.rclcorporate.com/about/

1. 1968

Royal Caribbean International founded.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

https://www.rclcorporate.com/about/

1. 1968

Royal Caribbean International founded.

I know this is quoted directly from RCLcorporate.com, but is that truly accurate or is it rewriting history to conform with current nomenclature?

My understanding is that  Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded as a partnership in Norway in 1968. On 23 Jul 1985 “Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.” was incorporated in Liberia, with its principal asset being Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. In 1997 coincident with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. acquiring Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line became Royal Caribbean International. 

23 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

I know this is quoted directly from RCLcorporate.com, but is that truly accurate or is it rewriting history to conform with current nomenclature?

My understanding is that  Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded as a partnership in Norway in 1968. On 23 Jul 1985 “Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.” was incorporated in Liberia, with its principal asset being Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. In 1997 coincident with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. acquiring Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line became Royal Caribbean International. 

Not sure on that one.  Either way it shows that RCI also refers to other companies not just Resort Condominiums International.