Delta Skymile Redemption

AF-1

Hello cruise critic fans.  I just booked two main cabin tickets on Delta airlines for July.  Round trip for two from CVG-DEN was 26,000 skymiles total.  I think that is a pretty good deal;  what do you guys think?  Cheers!

Edited by AF-1
spelling

So a 13,000 SkyPeso redemption per person for the R/T, meaning 6,500 each way.

The question remains as always -- what would a revenue ticket have cost you?  If the answer is $65, then it wasn't that great, as your miles were equivalent to a penny each.  If the answer is $195, you got three cents of value back, which is pretty good.

I'm seeing pricing of $120 r/t in Basic and $190 r/t in Main, so as long as you are not in a basic ticket, I'd say you did well.  Not awesome, but well.  And don't forget the taxes/fees part of the redemption also works into your calculations -- for example, AA or AS redemptions on British have some wicked surcharges on your "free" ticket.

57 minutes ago, fbgd said:

Personally I struggle to get excited about anything that involves flying economy...

For me, the only times are when the economy cash price is relatively high, the economy award is a steal and the premium cabin is priced at ridiculous levels/surcharges.  Such as when I found a one-way DL business award that was pricing at over 550,000 miles.  Or one-way Etihad first for over a million and a half.

A big question is one for the individual redeemer -- are you looking for a reasonable "rebate" in the form of economy class travel, or do you want the higher rebate values that you can get from premium redemptions?  Fewer of the latter, but a bigger bang for the buck in terms of value per point. 

19 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

So a 13,000 SkyPeso redemption per person for the R/T, meaning 6,500 each way.

The question remains as always -- what would a revenue ticket have cost you?  If the answer is $65, then it wasn't that great, as your miles were equivalent to a penny each.  If the answer is $195, you got three cents of value back, which is pretty good.

I'm seeing pricing of $120 r/t in Basic and $190 r/t in Main, so as long as you are not in a basic ticket, I'd say you did well.  Not awesome, but well.  And don't forget the taxes/fees part of the redemption also works into your calculations -- for example, AA or AS redemptions on British have some wicked surcharges on your "free" ticket.

If you look back at my post in #1;  I said main cabin.  So I think it was a good price for redemption

DON'T FORGET YOUR MASK!  Delta is one of the airlines requiring masks.  I didn't see if they were providing if you don't have one, - I believe Jet Blue isn't providing and if you don't have one, you don't get on.   

• Thanks 1