Lift /Switch. Guarantee not avaiable

Hi

Thinking of switching my August Oasis cruise till next year...I currently have a jr suite guarantee booked but the next years cruise does not offer that option, so would I still be able to get a  "junior suite"

Thanks

Someone reported on Ken's other thread that they had a JS guarantee and were able to switch AND pick a JS cabin instead of it staying a gurantee  Now as we all know Royal is NOT known for their consistency.  Give them a call

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Someone reported on Ken's other thread that they had a JS guarantee and were able to switch AND pick a JS cabin instead of it staying a gurantee  Now as we all know Royal is NOT known for their consistency.  Give them a call

Consistently...Inconsistent.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bbinz said:

I was in this situation and they let me pick the jr suite I wanted that was left in inventory. Part of me wishes I could have kept the guarantee for the potential to luck out for a grand suite... 

Has ANYONE lucked out for a higher category than their guarantee since Royal Up came into existence?
If RCI can sell an upgrade why are they going to give it to you?

Five years ago I had an inside guarantee on a TransAtlantic cruise and ended up in a balcony, but I don’t ever see that happening again. 

Called this morning ...guess Royal is IN an "inconsistent" mood today...

Told I could not switch 

Same ship (Oasis)

Same departure port (Cape Liberty)

Same iterneary (Port Can, Cocoa Cay, Nassua)

Same month (August)

But because Royal does not offer "Jr Suite"GUARANTEE" they will not switch me..

THEN

The agent told me she could switch if a Jr suite was available and after being on hold another 20 minutes, came back and told me "I can switch it. The new price will be $5***.**+.

SERIUOSLY RCCL.. GTFOH

Edited by Scoobydobe7

I wonder if it's a availability issue. We did a lift and shift from our October 11th Freedom to November 7th 2021 and got the same junior suite cabin that we originally booked.

2 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Told I could not switch 

Same ship (Oasis)

Same iterneary (Port Can, Cocoa Cay, Nassue)

Same month (August)

But because Royal does not offer "Jr Suite"GUARANTEE" they will not switch h me..

THEN

The agent told me she could switch if a Jr suite was available and after being on hold another 20 minutes, came back and told me "I can switch it. The new price will be $5***.**+.

SERIUOSLY RCCL.. GTFOH

I didn't have the same category available for a cruise that i lifted and shifted and they just repriced me for the current cruise i was in before lifting and shifting to the new cruise. It was about a 95 dollar increase. Went from Explorer to Odyssey next summer. Maybe it was a 500 dollar increase to the new category?

13 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

The price increase she quoted me was over $2,700.00... 

We all know the consistency involved here. I'd be calling back and get another answer.

I think there’s a lot of unknowns but here’s a summary of what I did on Friday. I called and upgraded my guaranteed balcony to a guaranteed suite on the current June 13th 2020 sailing. I paid the difference at that time by credit card since it’s past final payment date. Once this was completed I asked to lift and shift to June 26th 2021. Same ship (Symphony) but different itinerary/ports. The agent said there was not a suite guarantee option so she must assign me a cabin and gave me a list to choose from after getting approval from a supervisor. The only charges were for the higher 2021 taxes/port fee difference.

2 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Told I could not switch 

Same ship (Oasis)

Same iterneary (Port Can, Cocoa Cay, Nassua)

Same month (August)

But because Royal does not offer "Jr Suite"GUARANTEE" they will not switch me..

THEN

SERIUOSLY RCCL.. GTFOH

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

We all know the consistency involved here. I'd be calling back and get another answer.

Definitely.  Call again.  Just start your request again with a new person.

If necessary, start over a third time.

2 hours ago, bbinz said:

I think there’s a lot of unknowns but here’s a summary of what I did on Friday. I called and upgraded my guaranteed balcony to a guaranteed suite on the current June 13th 2020 sailing. I paid the difference at that time by credit card since it’s past final payment date. Once this was completed I asked to lift and shift to June 26th 2021. Same ship (Symphony) but different itinerary/ports. The agent said there was not a suite guarantee option so she must assign me a cabin and gave me a list to choose from after getting approval from a supervisor. The only charges were for the higher 2021 taxes/port fee difference.

2 hours ago, bbinz said:

Just got off the phone.    They WILL NOT honor my JS Guarantee and assign me a room.   After 50 minutes on hold then another 50 minutes while "resolutions" was involved I was told my only 2 options are.....Either pay more money to get a Regular Junior Suite category then Lift/Switch to next year or DOWNGRADE my room to a balconey guarantee and Lift/Switch that cabin .    Neither option is satisfactory to me.   ROYAL started a program and IMO will not honor it.   Makes me very sad to say but at this point I will not cruise Royal again

I will wait for Royal to cancel and take the refund,

Edited by Scoobydobe7