New locks Panama Canal

hunt182644

On 8/31/2024 at 1:58 PM, CruiserBruce said:

KDAM has only done Panama Canal once...in 2020. During Covid, and there were no passengers on board. During that transit, it had to put two life boats in the water, and tow them through the locks. They went from east to west.

They used the the new locks...KDAM is way too big for the old locks. 

Koningsdam went through Panama Canal a couple times this year, 2024  and will again next year and I'm book to go through the Panama Canal on the Koningsdam in 2026 so apparently going through the new locks.  I'm looking forward to that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KSPlum74 said:

Koningsdam went through Panama Canal a couple times this year, 2024  and will again next year and I'm book to go through the Panama Canal on the Koningsdam in 2026 so apparently going through the new locks.  I'm looking forward to that.

Absolutely not true. She was assigned to the West Coast in 2020, and has not returned to the Caribbean side. Please give any dates or supporting evidence you have. I am not the only one to tell you it was the Rotterdam that has been doing partial  Canal transits, not KDAM. 

Yes, the 2026 transit is her return to the Pacific after a season in the Caribbean and a dry dock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/1/2024 at 3:32 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Absolutely not true. She was assigned to the West Coast in 2020, and has not returned to the Caribbean side. Please give any dates or supporting evidence you have. I am not the only one to tell you it was the Rotterdam that has been doing partial  Canal transits, not KDAM. 

Yes, the 2026 transit is her return to the Pacific after a season in the Caribbean and a dry dock.

I suggest you go to the Holland America website and search.  I may be wrong about 2024 but she is going through Panama Canal in November 2025 and April 2026. I don't want to get into an argument here was only wondering what will have changed by the end of next year.  I am booked on the Koningsdam from April 10 - May 2, 2026 from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver.

1 minute ago, KSPlum74 said:

I suggest you go to the Holland America website and search.  I may be wrong about 2024 but she is going through Panama Canal in November 2025 and April 2026. I don't want to get into an argument here was only wondering what will have changed by the end of next year.  I am booked on the Koningsdam from April 10 - May 2, 2026 from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver.

Nobody is arguing about November 2025 and April 2026. Those have been discussed thoroughly....KDam is going to the Caribbean side for a dry dock and some sailings around that drydock. But prior to that, she has absolutely NOT been doing Canal sailings. None. Zero. Period. She has based on the West Coast, during Mexican Rivera, Hawaii and South Pacific,  California Coastal, and Alaska routes.

• Like 1