Another L&S Question. Sorry.

Want2Cruise 701

Can you L&S successfully to a qualified sailing but a different category?  I was talking with someone in resolutions who was processing the reservation.  He said I would keep my 4 perks and $700OBC but just pay the different between the C2 and C1.  The call dropped while I was waiting for the price.  I called back but another rep said that was not possible.  I would have to make a new reservation at prevailing rates if I switched categories and even lose my OBC for booking onboard which I know is false.  That OBC carries over.  

We are currently booked on an SClass switching to MClass.  I prefer the C1 on M as opposed to a C2 in S.  It seems like no one knows what to do.  I had this problem with a RC L&S but that eventually worked after I had to call back and speak with a different person.  That L&S was even for the same itinerary, dates, cabin type and ship etc.  This whole CWC is irritating and stressing.  

I should add I've already done a successful L&S with Celebrity with no problem with same ship, itinerary, category and following date.

Edited by Want2Cruise 701

25 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Are you Elite or above, if so you can claim a one category upgrade, eg we booked 2C but paid for 2D.

That’s  available to anyone that has cruised at least once. It’s not just for Elite and above 

Edited by Purplsmurf

Can't use 1 category upgrade from C2 to C1, it's in the T&C as an excluded category.   I suspect you would need to upgrade on the existing sailing at prevailing rates then move to the M class.   Of course you would need to make sure that made sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Are you Elite or above, if so you can claim a one category upgrade, eg we booked 2C but paid for 2D.

Right, but I am in a C2 but at the C3 rate.  We are Elite, but any CC member with a sailing can get the one category upgrade.  

49 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Can't use 1 category upgrade from C2 to C1, it's in the T&C as an excluded category.   I suspect you would need to upgrade on the existing sailing at prevailing rates then move to the M class.   Of course you would need to make sure that made sense.

It is an excluded category, but I have never had a problem calling and receiving it.  I've booked onboard and called when I've come home and received the C2.  Booking onboard is the only time I've been told "no" but I've called afterwards like I stated and have received it.  I've also called after booking a C1 online and received the C2.  

I could call the next time you book a C1.

56 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

C2 to C1 or similar should not be an issue.  Veranda to Concierge probably not.

For the posts the rules of L&S seem to be subject to interpretation.

I'll just call back another time and see what happens.  I do have until Aug. 1.  Hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm.