Alaska deals for 2021?

sr71_1

4 hours ago, pickle11 said:

What would you consider a discount?   Perks, price,  3rd and 4th passenger ride for free.

Good question Pickle:   I'd say I'm looking for price discounts compared to 2020 cruises.  (not perks, not 3 & 4th passenger). ie.   I'm willing to roll the dice for Alaska for 2021 but only if the cruise lines make it lucrative.   Otherwise... I'll wait until 2022.      

To sharpen my question ..to put it in better perspective.   I had an NCL Haven 2 bedroom booked for Alaska (June, 2020).    Are any cruise lines offering Alaska deals on their suites for 2021?   Thanks !!   

I booked my May 2021 Alaska cruise as soon as my May 2020 Alaska cruise was cancelled  on March 17, 2020.  Since I booked, my new cruise price has gone up in price quite a bit.  For the new booking, I booked with a future cruise deposit that is refundable.  Have not put any additional money down on the reservation.

• Like 1

We booked our May, 2021 Alaska cruise this past January.   I check prices weekly and they've gone up and down, but not lower overall than what I booked.  I'm happy with the price and perks we got, so if it goes down, great, but I'm really not expecting it to.

• Like 1

The bottom potential,  in the past has been much closer to sailing.   Sometimes less than a week prior.  

Otherwise-   it can be a benefit to just book-  and then track pricing up to final payment, with the ability to reprice.    Some cruises do involve nonrefundable refunds so that needs to be determined- the risk.   

• Like 1

A lot of individuals are moving their bookings from this year to next year. You may have to wait until the last minute for specials next year.

A lot of people have FCC to use next summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

A lot of individuals are moving their bookings from this year to next year. You may have to wait until the last minute for specials next year.

A lot of people have FCC to use next summer.

So consequently may not have the deals of the past.    Some FCC also expire before the Alaska cruise season next year.   So won't have the option to wait.    IF there are are last minute-  I would not expect much prior to the week prior to sailing.    Even last season had that scenario.   I stayed on for 6 weeks  booking the first 2 nights prior.   1 was added on 10pm the night prior.   all others only a few days ahead.     These were solo rates,  which do typically come out the latest.   But,  double occupancy was late on several   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

So consequently may not have the deals of the past.    Some FCC also expire before the Alaska cruise season next year.   So won't have the option to wait.    IF there are are last minute-  I would not expect much prior to the week prior to sailing.    Even last season had that scenario.   I stayed on for 6 weeks  booking the first 2 nights prior.   1 was added on 10pm the night prior.   all others only a few days ahead.     These were solo rates,  which do typically come out the latest.   But,  double occupancy was late on several   

I know many of Princess's FCC currently expires May 2022 so before most of 2022 season. At least I think that is what the webinar said the other day.

I think a lot of people who were booked this year, are re-booked for next next. RCCL and Celebrity run a pretty cool promo that allows those who were booked this year to easily transfer their bookings, price protection and promos to a similar cruise at a similar time next year.

The only wrinkle in this is if people are afraid to travel or there is no vaccination.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1