Future of cruising /elevators?/ buffets?/main diningroom?/shows?

7 hours ago, cruiserking said:

In Thailand many office buildings have retrofitted their elevators to function via foot pedals to alleviate the spread of Covid.

Wonder if cruise lines could adopt this same technology.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-lift-peda-idUSKBN22W294

Jonathan 

Interesting concept.  Good article and video

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 1:55 PM, coffeebean said:

I'm afraid to think of the resistance to wearing a mask that could arise with passengers who are drunk, giving the crew member a hard time.

Which begs the question...Are the unlimited free drinks in the DL going to go away?  I think if they don't want a bunch of drunks walking around this perk might end.  Will the 3 free drinks loaded on the seapass card remain?  Hopefully the 3 drinks will be staggered so you can at least enjoy a glass of wine with lunch.  

It's anyone's guess what could happen but I see some changes to the C&A program coming down the pike. 😱  Maybe the unlimited drinks on the drink package will be limited somehow as well (with a lower price hopefully)?  Time will tell. 

On 6/1/2020 at 4:46 AM, livingonthebeach said:

Which begs the question...Are the unlimited free drinks in the DL going to go away?  I think if they don't want a bunch of drunks walking around this perk might end.  Will the 3 free drinks loaded on the seapass card remain?  Hopefully the 3 drinks will be staggered so you can at least enjoy a glass of wine with lunch.  

It's anyone's guess what could happen but I see some changes to the C&A program coming down the pike. 😱  Maybe the unlimited drinks on the drink package will be limited somehow as well (with a lower price hopefully)?  Time will tell. 

What about the people that buy the drink packages, that's a whole new class of drunks.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What about the people that buy the drink packages, that's a whole new class of drunks.

True -- I mentioned that they might have to limit those too and maybe reduce the price of the drink package since unlimited would be out of the equation.  This would be a dealbreaker for some, to be sure. 

if you cant board a ship without unlimited drinks, thats really a sad state of our society and id welcome that limitation of those people on board. getting rid of drunks would be a nice byproduct of the virus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

NCL announced these protocols so maybe the rest of the cruise lines will follow:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23033-norwegian-cruise-line-releases-new-health-protocols.html

"All guests will undergo an enhanced pre-embarkation health screening, and those considered at risk will undergo additional screening"

This is one of the things they need to clarify...hate to pay for a cruise in full, show up at the port then denied boarding for something I am not even sure what that may be....
Everyone 65 and older is considered "at risk" and will need additional screening.

• Like 1