What happens then?

Ok I have been reading about cruise lines coming back and starting up and lots of medical evaluations before you can board yadda, yadda, yadda.  

So let’s do a what if. What if I book my cruise, make all my payments, get to the dock and am denied boarding because the medical examiner thinks I might be a risk, for whatever reason.  Does the cruise line refund my fare and return me home?  Or do they just keep my money and leave me crying portside?  What about Mrs Banjo?  Would she need to decide to cruise solo or loose the money we paid for her fare?

i am asking in all seriousness, because I have 2 cruises booked, one in September and another in January, that could Potentially put Mrs Banjo and I in this situation.  

• Like 1

I’ve had no response to my email queries re transfer options sent 10 days ago. I’ve heard indirectly through the travel agent but the answers don’t align with my questions. I think they are swamped 

31 minutes ago, uktog said:

I’ve had no response to my email queries re transfer options sent 10 days ago. I’ve heard indirectly through the travel agent but the answers don’t align with my questions. I think they are swamped 

The agent I spoke to the other day (Robert) did say they were extremely busy.  However, that did not prevent him from taking the time to explain our options carefully.  I was impressed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 4:37 AM, crusinbanjo said:

Update......  No response from my query from last Friday

Heard anything yet?

Edited by adstz

1 hour ago, adstz said:

Heard anything yet?

While speaking to an AQSC rep last week (non-related matter) I asked that question. The rep didn't know and it almost sounded like AQSC is still deciding how to deal with that possibility. 

There has never been a reply to my email.  In any event, Mrs Banjo and I are canceling our planned cruise with AQSC in September.  Right now staying home seems safer.

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If there is still any interest in this topic, I am posting a Q and A with AQSC today (22 June)

Question: I have read the posting on Pre-cruise screening including the questionnaire that will be required of all guests.  As I understand the posting, there will be a medical representative conducting the pre-cruse screening, including unspecified health checks, who had ultimate authority to clear a passenger for boarding.  Should that medical person determine a person should be denied boarding, for whatever reason including one that could not have been anticipated by the passenger before traveling to the embarkation point, who bears the travel cost incurred by the denied passenger?  I ask because I am booked on an upcoming cruise and have no expectation that i could be denied boarding, but would like to know what liability i face should that happen. Thanks

Response: Thank  you for choosing American Queen Steamboat Company.

In the event of denied boarding, you would make changes to your airline and then we would reimburse you that cost, and we would refund your voyage .

You would just submit the original cost of airfare and change fees to us for reimbursement.

We hope that doesn’t happen and that you enjoy your sailing.

Best Regards,

• Like 2