Royal Caribbean best price guarantee

Hello,

On the RC website it says you can guarantee the best price...

"Take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment."

is this only applicable if you book through them? Or if I book through a travel agent then find a cheaper price with another travel agent further down the road will it still apply?

19 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Or if I book through a travel agent then find a cheaper price with another travel agent further down the road will it still apply?

The lower price needs to be an RCI official price.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The lower price needs to be an RCI official price.

Thanks Biker - so the lower price has to be available on their website rather than just a publicly available website?

1 minute ago, amurray88 said:

Thanks Biker - so the lower price has to be available on their website rather than just a publicly available website?

That and the TA's rules - you'd have to ask the TA what kind of price is eligible for drops.

9 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Hello,

On the RC website it says you can guarantee the best price...

"Take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment."

is this only applicable if you book through them? Or if I book through a travel agent then find a cheaper price with another travel agent further down the road will it still apply?

The 48 hour lower price guarantee is kind of meaningless at the current time as every cruise already booked or booked before Aug 1, 2020 is eligible to receive price drops up until 2 days prior to sailing. 

It must be the price on Royals website.   

My question with the NEW price drop up to 48 hours prior is what happens if you get a price drop of $200 and they give you OBC.  Then you and/or they cancel the cruise.  Do you lose that OBC?  Does that OBC for the price drop get added back into your cruise fare for refund or FCC purposes?

18 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My question with the NEW price drop up to 48 hours prior is what happens if you get a price drop of $200 and they give you OBC.  Then you and/or they cancel the cruise.  Do you lose that OBC?  Does that OBC for the price drop get added back into your cruise fare for refund or FCC purposes?

If you cancel the cruise the OBC is lost.  Great question about what happens if you cancel, I haven't seen the answer to that posted in any of the FAQ's

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel the cruise the OBC is lost.  Great question about what happens if you cancel, I haven't seen the answer to that posted in any of the FAQ's

So if you see any price drops after final payment you should not apply for it unless you are sure that you want to sail

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The 48 hour lower price guarantee is kind of meaningless at the current time as every cruise already booked or booked before Aug 1, 2020 is eligible to receive price drops up until 2 days prior to sailing. 

It must be the price on Royals website.   

Hi, I think that's what I was talking about (I wasn't meaning the 48hours, I was meaning the one that allows you up to 2 days beforehand). 

Just to check (sorry..)...

1. if I book through a TA and the TA lowers their price am I eligible or would that be down to the TA?

2. If I book through a TA and RCI lowers their price am I eligible?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Hi, I think that's what I was talking about (I wasn't meaning the 48hours, I was meaning the one that allows you up to 2 days beforehand). 

Just to check (sorry..)...

1. if I book through a TA and the TA lowers their price am I eligible or would that be down to the TA?

2. If I book through a TA and RCI lowers their price am I eligible?

Thanks!

TA’s have to price the same as Royal unless they are offering a group rate.  You need to contact your TA to see how they handle it.  

47 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So if you see any price drops after final payment you should not apply for it unless you are sure that you want to sail

That Would be the way I would approach it for my reservations and it was exactly what I did when my Alaska cruise dropped.