Weymouth bay

London-Calling

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Plenty of vitamins in frozen veg, probably more than fresh, as the vitamin quantity starts to deteriorate in fresh veg from the moment it is harvested. Frozen is normally processed within an hour or so of picking.

I notice you did not apply the same views to fruit wowzz.

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I notice you did not apply the same views to fruit wowzz.

I am not so sure about frozen fruit, but i would have thought that you would still get the same benefits from frozen as from fresh. And, if in doubt, the crew could always drink long life orange juice for their fix of vitamin C.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I am not so sure about frozen fruit, but i would have thought that you would still get the same benefits from frozen as from fresh. And, if in doubt, the crew could always drink long life orange juice for their fix of vitamin C.

I think we should rename you Captain Bligh.:classic_blink:

I thought the Vicky was out in Australia somewhere .. has she come back or have I confused her with the Queen Elizabeth?

(not doubting you've seen the ship btw 🙂 )

EDIT: Just found it in the Cunard sub-forum. Yep, the Elizabeth is in Manilla Bay.

Edited by Monorail Orange

• 2 weeks later...

We have had some American ships into Southampton recently (empress of the seas, norwegian star today). Someone posted they are repatriacian cruises. Not sure if that is taking crew home by sea or taking them off in Southampton, taking them to Heathrow and having them fly home . If its the latter not sure why they couldn't fly them home from somewhere else.

Should also add Dorset council is now limiting numbers of people going into that area now, after the idiots on that beach...plus there have been a number of posts from people saying they were going to drive down to Weymouth  to see the ships. 

Edited by the english lady

On 5/26/2020 at 9:28 AM, Officeboy said:

Shame that Iona Is still in Bremerhaven on final fit (shipyard Closed) before sea trials

Currently in Rotterdam I believe for repairs to a damaged prop.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, zap99 said:

Are the midships thrusters called the pelvic thrusters? If not, should be😁

I think Iona's azipods are still reasonably far aft  so maybe we should call them wobbly legs, but they certainly give a ship much more maneuverability.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think Iona's azipods are still reasonably far aft  so maybe we should call them wobbly legs, but they certainly give a ship much more maneuverability.

Thanks ( I bet that last word made spellcheck get a bit wobbly ).😁

Aurora in Poole Bay this morning.   Not seen any cruise ships anchored here before.  Evoked some happy memories - and hopes that we shall be enjoying cruises on her next year!!! 🤞

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Snap published in the local paper, taken by Peter McClean

Can anyone identify all the ships?

3B2A0801-6570-4FAB-A720-2873768532F7.jpeg

Two are a bit blurred, but I'm going to take a guess at (L) to (R) ... Aurora, Britannia, Ventura / Azura, Queen Mary 2, Azura / Ventura, Marella Explorer (1 or 2)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Come on Showingdiva.... you missed the red one!!!!!!!!!😊

That's the Frederica (a tanker)!

According to AIS earlier this evening only Britannia, QM2, Ventura and Carnival Valor were there so clearly some had left since the photo was taken. 

Arcadia was the only one off Bournemouth earlier today but AIS is now showing Aurora is back so perhaps she was off Weymouth and has now returned to Poole Bay.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

That's the Frederica (a tanker)!

According to AIS earlier this evening only Britannia, QM2, Ventura and Carnival Valor were there so clearly some had left since the photo was taken. 

Arcadia was the only one off Bournemouth earlier today but AIS is now showing Aurora is back so perhaps she was off Weymouth and has now returned to Poole Bay.

Brilliant, well done

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

The one on the right might be a Marella Discovery, you can see the climbing wall on the stern😉

It's off Weymouth now but had disappeared from the radar last night - quite possibly there yesterday earlier on and on the picture.   Arcadia, Aurora off Bournemouth today with Empress of the Seas also here but quite a bit further out.

P.S.  Indiana and Mercury - I can't take any credit for identifying the ships 😊 (although A&A are close enough in to recognise them - especially Aurora's tiered stern provided she's not facing in towards land!).   Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself.  

https://www.vesselfinder.com/

Edited by kruzseeka

• 2 weeks later...

That must be a record!  What a geat video!  Thanks for that - quite a sight.

At the moment Marella Explorer and Explorer 2, Marella Discovery, Britannia, Azura, QM2, Victoria, Carnival Valor,  (one or two with tracking off or now moved on - one of the Marella shops now docked in Portland. Breeze gone? Was Arcadia there yesterday?)

Usually only see oil tankers off Weymouth waiting for the price of oil to rise!  

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...