Select price vs saver

Vampiress88

11 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely,  Wowzz - truly awful. But memorable  and not in a good way.

Has a reputation as the worst record ever released. 

That was until they lived up to the bands name by breeding with some guys from Europe* (*Not the group)

and giving their offspring singing and music lessons .

Maybe the could be used for sailaway parties :classic_wacko:   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

That was until they lived up to the bands name by breeding with some guys from Europe* (*Not the group)

and giving their offspring singing and music lessons .

Maybe the could be used for sailaway parties :classic_wacko:   

Love it! Added to the collection.

Sorry to drag this post kicking and screaming slightly back to topic..

We are on a saver suite fare. We want Freedom Dining, any chance that this will be honoured because we are in a suite? - I suppose the question is .. does anyone have experience of NOT getting the choice they wanted in a suite on a saver:

and if so ... did a quick chat with the butler fix the dining?

Well be linking our booking with my sister and her husband who is also in a suite so they should get the same allocation as us. Maybe we ask the butlers to double team.

Any experiences/insights would be welcome :)

On 6/8/2020 at 9:57 AM, zap99 said:

We quite like the pagers. It gives us a chance to get a drink,or coffee. Sorry☹️

We don't mind the pagers either. I just wish they had an area closer to the MDR to sit and have a pre-dinner drink while waiting. Most of them are on a different deck.

Avril 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ToxM said:

We are on a saver suite fare. We want Freedom Dining, any chance that this will be honoured because we are in a suite? - I suppose the question is .. does anyone have experience of NOT getting the choice they wanted in a suite on a saver:

Well be linking our booking with my sister and her husband who is also in a suite so they should get the same allocation as us. Maybe we ask the butlers to double team.

Any experiences/insights would be welcome :)

Thats not quite, how we would put that question to the butler, this side of the pond!

Edited by mercury7289
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2020 at 10:10 PM, Vampiress88 said:

I just don’t like to wear a dress but I feel that I should when on the cruise

Not at all Vamp. I have one long evening dress and the rest of the time, formal or casual evenings, I wear dressy trousers, with appropriate tops depending on the dress code for the evening. You're on holiday, be comfortable. 

Avril 

On 6/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, Vampiress88 said:

0E5BD9ED-4B11-43D5-A6A4-FCEAA4F3CBB6.thumb.png.97f05b856297b3a2d901dbeace7731bb.png

like this t-shirt under a shirt but he does the bottom buttons up and wears boots. 

does do suit for the proper formal tho

Imo it's perfectly fine for casual nights. 

Avril 

35 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Any experiences/insights would be welcome 🙂

Being in a Suite doesn’t give you any better chance of getting your choice of dining on a Saver fare I’m afraid. It’s all based on booking date, so somebody who books an inside cabin before you would have more chance. Although I can’t speak from personal experience as we always book Select,  if it were me and I found out that I had been allocated Club Dining I would head myself to the Freedom Dining Restaurant and speak to the Restaurant Manager. Being in a Suite you will board before the crowds and your cruise card is marked with a symbol that shows you are a suite passenger, so if you hand it to the Restaurant Manager with a polite request you might be lucky. The reason I say not to use your Butler is that I think you are more likely to get a favourable response face to face, as they know that a favourable response might result in a tip, whereas a request from your butler won’t. To manage your expectations though, Freedom Dining almost always sells out these days as it is the preferred choice, so a lot of people who booked Savers hoping to get Freedom are likely to be disappointed, which is only fair to those of us who paid extra to guarantee it. 

17 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

my parents in law in their 50s wouldn’t know so I wouldn’t have thought it from Harry and wowzz. 

Never assume anything Vamp😉. I'm mid 70's and I know what they are too. 😆

Avril 

Being in a Suite doesn’t give you any better chance of getting your choice of dining on a Saver fare I’m afraid. It’s all based on booking date, so somebody who books an inside cabin before you would have more chance. Although I can’t speak from personal experience as we always book Select,  if it were me and I found out that I had been allocated Club Dining I would head myself to the Freedom Dining Restaurant and speak to the Restaurant Manager. Being in a Suite you will board before the crowds and your cruise card is marked with a symbol that shows you are a suite passenger, so if you hand it to the Restaurant Manager with a polite request you might be lucky. The reason I say not to use your Butler is that I think you are more likely to get a favourable response face to face, as they know that a favourable response might result in a tip, whereas a request from your butler won’t. To manage your expectations though, Freedom Dining almost always sells out these days as it is the preferred choice, so a lot of people who booked Savers hoping to get Freedom are likely to be disappointed, which is only fair to those of us who paid extra to guarantee it. 

A good point about going straight to the restaurant manager.

I much prefer my expectations managed tbh :) If we dont get FD and arent on a table for 4 with my sister and hubby well probably ditch the dining for specialities and in suite dining.

Thanks for your reply :)

11 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I much prefer my expectations managed tbh 🙂 If we dont get FD and arent on a table for 4 with my sister and hubby well probably ditch the dining for specialities and in suite dining.

Thanks for your reply 🙂

We book suites, but always Select to be sure to get the one we want. Always Freedom too, so I’ve no experience of trying to change dining options.

However, although I’d agree that a little chat with the Restaurant Manager as soon as you board is probably the best option, I’d be amazed if, failing that, your butler can’t sort it for you.  They’re very keen to help, very keen to get an extra tip, and in reality a few extra freedom diners isn’t going to make a lot of difference to anybody or anything.

You’re paying extra for a suite, and I think you’ll find that you’ll get the dining option you prefer.

24 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I much prefer my expectations managed tbh 🙂 If we dont get FD and arent on a table for 4 with my sister and hubby well probably ditch the dining for specialities and in suite dining.

Thanks for your reply 🙂

As long as your bookings are linked, you will almost certainly end up on the same table as your travel companions, even if you are allocated Club dining. Although table sizes in Club are a preference and not guaranteed (unlike Freedom where you can request one each night if you wish) I would think that in the post Covid-19 world, sharing tables with people other than your travel companions will become less and less likely. 

8 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I would think that in the post Covid-19 world, sharing tables with people other than your travel companions will become less and less likely. 

Good point. Almost impossible in fact.  And without that interaction with other passengers at lunch and dinner in the MDR cruising would be a very much poorer experience, for us at least.

Edited by Harry Peterson

On 6/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

You can book Sindhu or Ocean Grill via Cruise Personaliser.  We could book for these about 15 weeks before sailing.  

We've had time to think about Select versus Early Saver. We've decided to go for ES with the money saved to pay for Sindhu and Ocean Grill plus drinkies. Not every night but say 4 each of Sindhu and OGs over the 23 nights on Arcadia.

Q1. If we book via the Personaliser during the 15 wks before sail, can we specify early sitting or late?

Q2. OK, so we book for two but on the said night, only one of us turns up. Do they get sniffy about it or request you wait until a single table becomes available? Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

On the subject of music, this takes a lot of beating:

Honestly??? Come on!!! 😣😫. I only have one comment. Thank god for a well placed snare drum 😂 

Avril 

1 minute ago, Bertie Doe said:

We've had time to think about Select versus Early Saver. We've decided to go for ES with the money saved to pay for Sindhu and Ocean Grill plus drinkies. Not every night but say 4 each of Sindhu and OGs over the 23 nights on Arcadia.

Q1. If we book via the Personaliser during the 15 wks before sail, can we specify early sitting or late?

Q2. OK, so we book for two but on the said night, only one of us turns up. Do they get sniffy about it or request you wait until a single table becomes available? Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Select dining restaurants are at variable times (e.g. every 15 mins from say 6.30pm to 9.30pm) like a normal restaurant, so you choose your preferred time for each booking. If only one of two people turn up it won’t be a problem as the table would be the same one had you booked for one anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good point. Almost impossible in fact.  And without that interaction with other passengers at lunch and dinner in the MDR cruising would be a very much poorer experience, for us at least.

I agree with you Harry. For us meeting fellow passengers over lunch and dinner in the MDR has always added enjoyment to our cruise experience. We always opt for a table for 8 on club dining at dinner and have met some lovely people over the years, some of whom have remained good friends. We also enjoy the opportunity to have more in depth discussions beyond the where are you from, have you been on this ship before etc. We shall certainly miss that if the post Covid cruising world means we are limited to a table for two.

18 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

oh heck am I in trouble? 

my parents in law in their 50s wouldn’t know so I wouldn’t have thought it from Harry and wowzz. 

I had vans btw. Got them from Florida when I was a teen and loved them. 

me and hubby were only laughing about our goth type clothes and chains the other day. How strange how times change but I still love the same music. 

Are my New Rock boots still ok, or should I drop them off at the charity shop?.