MSC Seaside Balcony - Shower versus Bathtub

optimusprime82

Is there anyway to find out which balcony cabins have a bathtub versus a shower on the Seaside? I was able to find one cabin review on YouTube showing a Fantastica class balcony with a tub. I found that cabin on MSC's website ship map but there wasn't any identifiable markings showing that it had a tub and not a shower. We're trying to find an Aurea balcony with a tub but we haven't been able to find one yet or determine how they're identified on the deck plan map. 

I don't know how to tell either. If I did I would not have gotten the one with the tub. We like to shower and the tub was difficult to get in and out of and very unsafe to stand up and shower in. Give me the cabin with the shower any day.

9 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

I don't know how to tell either. If I did I would not have gotten the one with the tub. We like to shower and the tub was difficult to get in and out of and very unsafe to stand up and shower in. Give me the cabin with the shower any day.

Do you recall your cabin number on the Seaside? We had a shower only bathroom on the Divina but enjoyed the tub on the Meraviglia.

We were on deck 14 midship on Seaside, and I tried to get as many cabin pics as possible.  We had a tub cabin.  Cabins with tubs will only hold two guests, so one sure way to get a shower only is to book a cabin for 3 or more.  EM

I think that it is true that the bath tubs are only found in two person cabins, but I do know not all two person cabins have tubs.  Some two person cabins have showers.  The phone booking agents have this information available.  On their screen it will show:

Category:                     B2 − Balcony Stateroom Stateroom: 11180
English Info Cabin      BALCONY CABIN
Cabin Area 14.00mq − Door 0.65mt
Bathroom Area 3.00mq with Bathtub

or:

Category:                     B1 − Balcony Stateroom Stateroom: 10088
English Info Cabin      BALCONY CABIN
Cabin Area 15.00mq − Door 0.65mt
Bathroom Area 2.00mq with shower

I am speculating that there are not any balconies or balcony suites that are Aurea and have a tub.  From my survey of pictures I took, and others I found on cruisedeckplans, the cabins with tubs are only found in the wodest, midship section of Seaside and Seaview.  My certainly non-exhaustive list includes 10196; 11180 (thank you, Ate); 12140; 12150;13177; 13191; 14142; 14148;14151; 14165; 14182.  EM