Viking deposit and final payment info

Peachypooh

Hello, I was looking on the Viking website and it is probably there but I can't find it.

If I call and reserve a cabin on the Viking Mississippi for April 2023 (3 years away!)

how much will they ask for a deposit and when will final payment be? I am used to

NCL where you give them a deposit (amount depending on the cabin category)

and you can get your deposit back before final payment (which before covid 19 was

120 days.) So I have picked the sailing and cabin category and if I call today what

should I expect in terms of a financial commitment? Thanks.PS I am asking

because I am waiting on a refund on a cancelled cruise before I feel comfortable

putting any more money down unless it is a small amount. Thanks again.

When you make your booking you are required to pay a deposit of 25% of the total price. 

This is from the terms & conditions on the UK site - in the section 'Our price policy and payment terms'.  If you scroll right to the bottom of the homepage you will see terms & conditions listed under company information. 

• Thanks 1

Viking does not follow the other cruise lines, so best to contact them for a quote. You can discuss and possibly negotiate the deposit and final payment date. They also vary by cruise as our current River/Ocean combo was only a $500 deposit for both of us, with final payment at 6 months, as we booked on board. However, the deposit for our World Cruise was $10K pp.

North America, UK and Australia all have different terms & conditions, due to different consumer regulations.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Strangford said:

When you make your booking you are required to pay a deposit of 25% of the total price. 

This is from the terms & conditions on the UK site - in the section 'Our price policy and payment terms'.  If you scroll right to the bottom of the homepage you will see terms & conditions listed under company information. 

Strangford, what you say is true only for cruises booked in the UK. Also, pay in full deadlines and cancellation policy are different. That's what makes conversation here difficult at times.

In the US, deposit is normally $500 per person (though occasionally they will do $500 per cabin). All but $100 of that is completely refundable up to 121 days prior to sailing.

23 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

how much will they ask for a deposit and when will final payment be?

Booking Terms & Conditions >

with more fine print here: http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/PDF/2-191004_BookingAndSaleTermsAndConditions.pdf

Note that booking terms and conditions vary from itinerary to itinerary and according to the various monthly offers.

According to the above link, payment in full is due this coming December.  Before paying your deposit , you can try to negotiate for a pay in full date that is closer to sailing. After you have paid your deposit, it is too late to negotiate. The best you can hope for is 12 months prior sailing unless you already have a future sailing on the books, in which case they should allow 6 months in advance.

(Also note that voyages of 35 days or more have different deposit, payment and cancellation rules)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2