New notice on Princess webpage: "Offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here"

CineGraphic

12 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Cruise lines do not know what will be available, which ports will be "open," and what ship loadings will be permitted.  We are a long ways away from any kind of accurate booking availability.  

Adding to this complexity, cruise lines are dragging their feet refunding money to passengers. The only way I would ever book a cruise a year out now would be if it was a $25 deposit. Low enough that I could care less if my deposit was lost. 

If cruise lines want people to continue to book as they had in the past, two things will need to happen before I will book. I'll need an Escrow Agent to take my deposit so that I can be assured there wont be any shenanigans with deposits ever again AND the cruise lines will have to update their cancellation policies to allow cancellation with full refund as late as 30 days before sailing. Other than that, I'll be booking last minute cruises from now on. Every year we spend 4-5 weeks in Florida and we always book a cruise well before leaving for Florida. There will be no more of that. I'll book when I'm down there from now on  and only after a vaccine has been found or if there is a viable anti-viral treatment.

Cruising has changed forever, I have as well. I'm no longer going to be as trustworthy with my hard earned dollars and while I never put a whole lot of stock in the loyalty programs of cruise lines, now I realize that they border on the farcical. The cruise lines made things so much worse for themselves after the pandemic but as I said in my letter to the Princess Executives, you don't crap where you eat.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, CineGraphic said:

I'm not sure how long this has been up there, but this is the current update on the top of their main webpage.

"We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they may impact our future offerings. Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here. Stay updated on current Travel Advisories and Health & Safety protocols."

I just looked at Princess' web site and saw the disclaimer at the top of the home page.  I immediately sensed that this is the corporate lawyers speaking.  People would have a tougher time suing Princess by claiming that they didn't know their cruises were subject to change from what was advertised. 

16 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just looked at Princess' web site and saw the disclaimer at the top of the home page.  I immediately sensed that this is the corporate lawyers speaking.  People would have a tougher time suing Princess by claiming that they didn't know their cruises were subject to change from what was advertised. 

The cruise contract that people agree to (even if unread) essentially says Princess can change anything at any time, including the contract itself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, caribill said:

The cruise contract that people agree to (even if unread) essentially says Princess can change anything at any time, including the contract itself.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly, you don't see the contract of passage until after you book the cruise.  The disclaimer on the web page gives the consumer prior notice.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly, you don't see the contract of passage until after you book the cruise.  The disclaimer on the web page gives the consumer prior notice.

You have to look for it before booking, but it is there.

There are several contracts depending where in the world you are cruising.

Go to https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract  to select the contract that would apply.