Suite Privileges and Amenities Traveling with Non-Suite Guest

nycruiser80

17 hours ago, sewgood said:

Being in a suite I think you should get a free meal at a speciality restaurant on the first night. Perhaps your friend could pay for their meal and join you for the first night. This could work out if they are in any time dining otherwise if they are in traditional they may want to meet their dining companions on the first night.

We choose fixed time dining last time we were in class class for our evening meal and linked our booking with our non club class friends, we found once on board that we had been given a different restaurant to our friends (we did have a linked twid code), so if you go down this route check that you have the same table as them.

Yes, we did that as well.  When calling to make the reservation, we just told them that we were dining with friends and we provided their cabin number for the upcharge.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, frugaltravel said:

Why is it OK to share the minibar benefit but not the laundry benefit? 

The mini bars has 20 beverages that are yours to do with as you please, throw them away if you wanted to. The laundry is an unlimited service for suite guests only.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:52 PM, nycruiser80 said:

Thank you all. I realize the amenities are for paid suite guests.  Wasn't sure about the dining scenario especially when there is a couple who are in a suite and when traveling with a single in a standard cabin. Celebrity does allow a non-suite guest into Luminea or at least they did on a Celeb cruise I did a few years ago, maybe they put a stop to this I don't know. I had stayed in a Sky Suite with my partner and when I asked if my single friend in an inside cabin could join us in Luminea they allowed it. We didn't dine every night at Luminea but when we did they obliged very easily.

Celebrity now charges $30 a person for a friend (s) to join you for dinner at Luminea if you are in a suite and they are not. The best is if your friend can take a mini-suite that is club class , then they can eat with you every night. Or you can join them in the main dining room or both of you pay extra for a specialty restaurant. Once on RCCL we were in a Grand Suite and Coastal Kitchen let us have our two young grandchildren ( who were in a balcony cabin) join us for lunch for free but I don't think they were happy about it. It was a 50th anniversary cruise and everyone in our  party  of 12 were in random cabins.

3 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Celebrity now charges $30 a person for a friend (s) to join you for dinner at Luminea if you are in a suite and they are not. The best is if your friend can take a mini-suite that is club class , then they can eat with you every night. Or you can join them in the main dining room or both of you pay extra for a specialty restaurant. Once on RCCL we were in a Grand Suite and Coastal Kitchen let us have our two young grandchildren ( who were in a balcony cabin) join us for lunch for free but I don't think they were happy about it. It was a 50th anniversary cruise and everyone in our  party  of 12 were in random cabins.

Thank you for this. Seems fair Celebrity is charging for this.

6 minutes ago, nycruiser80 said:

Thank you for this. Seems fair Celebrity is charging for this.

I love to talk about Princess so you are very welcome. P.S. you can sneak a few pieces of your friend’s  laundry in the bag if you don’t over do it.

• Like 1