Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As is media. Lousy metric. 

I wasn't quoting media, I was quoting the CEO of Memorial West. But you've already dismissed her too as sour grapes, so I can see you have an agenda here that extends beyond media bashing.

Miami-Dade Covid ICU beds at 107%. I'm sure you'll point to the 30% overall available capacity though since you like to spin things.

https://www.miamidade.gov/information/library/2020-07-16-new-normal-dashboard.pdf

• Like 2

By the way, the CEO of Memorial West said "if you go into an ICU, you have a 30-35 percent chance of never leaving." This is why I don't think counting available or open ICU beds is helpful. If you are making more beds for more patients, that just means there will be more deaths.

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

By the way, the CEO of Memorial West said "if you go into an ICU, you have a 30-35 percent chance of never leaving." This is why I don't think counting available or open ICU beds is helpful. If you are making more beds for more patients, that just means there will be more deaths.

Adding more beds in ICU will not mean more deaths.  ICU beds do not cause the deaths.  If the demand is there, then the beds are needed.  Think about it.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Adding more beds in ICU will not mean more deaths.  ICU beds do not cause the deaths.  If the demand is there, then the beds are needed.  Think about it.

Yes, think about it. Demand = seriously ill patients. More demand, more serious ill patients. I get it. 30-35% of them will die. How is this good news?

6 hours ago, island lady said:

So sad to hear about that.  It has definitely been hard on all of the relatives and friends that know they can't visit.

Bucky's best friend from school, who he has kept in contact with all these years...passed away early this morning.

He was unable to visit him in the hospital or at home where he passed with Hospice care.  He was able to talk to him briefly last night on the phone. 

Pat -- so sad to hear about Bucky's best friend passing and Bucky not being able to visit him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pratique said:

What about the CEO of the Miami hospital who said they are running at their limit, exhausted?

The CEO you quoted is not in Miami but in Pembroke Pines which is Broward County. They have 38 ICU beds and ZERO available. Hospital 100228 Memorial West. 

Broward has 443 ICU beds and 58 available. 

No spin, just the data. No sour grapes, just data. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pratique said:

You’re correct, if one is in intensive care with COVID19, it generally doesn’t end well. Most are on ventilators. Typically beds are staffed one Intensive Nurse to 1-3 patients. 

Once a person from long term care facility is sent to Hospital as positive, even if stable, they are not transferred back. They are trying to set up long term facilities for positive stable patients to wait out two negative tests to free up beds/staff in hospitals. 

I would say it’s higher than 30-35 percent. My son has been caring for two COVID19 patients. Both over 70, one is transplant patient and the other heart valve replacement. They were not healthy before infection. Both tested negative prior to surgery (quick test) and showed signs of COVID19 after surgery. 

M8

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The CEO you quoted is not in Miami but in Pembroke Pines which is Broward County. They have 38 ICU beds and ZERO available. Hospital 100228 Memorial West.

She said that they have segregated Covid from non-Covid. Do you know the breakdown? How many of the 38 beds are for Covid.

FWIW she said beds are not the issue. Staff are calling in sick.

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 1