Radiance of the Seas cabin question

On the deck plans, cabins 9250 and 9252 are shown as holding 5 passengers.  When my travel agent tried to reserve them for me, RC told him that they only held 3 or 4 passengers, unless one of the passengers could sleep in a crib.  Has anyone stayed in either of those cabins and could tell me what bedding is in them?  I would really appreciate any knowledge anyone could share.  Trying to make reservations for my family of 12.  Thank you!

28 minutes ago, EGCruisers said:

On the deck plans, cabins 9250 and 9252 are shown as holding 5 passengers.  When my travel agent tried to reserve them for me, RC told him that they only held 3 or 4 passengers, unless one of the passengers could sleep in a crib.  Has anyone stayed in either of those cabins and could tell me what bedding is in them?  I would really appreciate any knowledge anyone could share.  Trying to make reservations for my family of 12.  Thank you!

Bless you.........Deck plan I'm looking at does say sofa bed and 3rd Pullman, but it will be mighty tight with 5 in the cabin.

this is probably the issue, the agent is looking at wrong deck plans............You are probably looking to book your cruise between these dates when those 2 cabins do hold 5 people..

Sounds like you are trying to put 12 people in 3 cabins, sounds like 4 cabins might make better sense?

4 bathrooms

Edited by Jimbo

9 hours ago, EGCruisers said:

Has anyone stayed in either of those cabins and could tell me what bedding is in them? 

Past experience may not apply going forward - RCI is re-categorizing some cabins and this may depend on when you are planning to go. @Ourusualbeach may shed some light on this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EGCruisers said:

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Past experience may not apply going forward - RCI is re-categorizing some cabins and this may depend on when you are planning to go. @Ourusualbeach may shed some light on this.

Biker is correct.  Short story is that Royal has not updated the consumer website deck plans to reflect changes occurring May 2021.  Your travel agent has access to updated deck plans through cruising power/planning tools/see our ships.

Long story is, starting May 2021 the cabins are being recategorized and Royal will no longer tell you the bedding configuration.  They will simply state whether the cabin holds 3, 4 or 5 guests.

These cabins are both currently listed as having a sofabed as well as one pulman bed.  I highly doubt that this will change going forward .

But what has changed is that Royal after May 2021 is classifying this as quad occupancy so there must have been an issue with lifeboat capacity or they just found that they were too small in general to hold 5 comfortable and had a lot of complaints.  Either way after May 2020 they are a 4 person cabin.

I do not think that this was an error as similar cabin set ups on Oasis and Allure have seen these cabins converted to 5 passenger cabins.