August 16th cruise out of NJ

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Of course the parent company can dictate what Celebrity does. Celebrity is a brand. RCCL owns the brand. Fain is the Chairman of the Board of Director’s of RCCL. Perlo reports to him.

Please give me the details as to the specific time when RCCL told Celebrity that one of their ships was no longer going to cruise from point A to point B because a larger ship in RCI's fleet would generate more money for the corporation.

You can't because it has never happened in the past and it's the pure speculation of a earlier poster on this thread and you're just piggy backing on his coat tails speculating that this hypothesis could somehow turn into reality.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Fain has spoken publicly about re-starting with short voyages from drive-to ports specifically mentioning Florida and NJ.  So, if sailing resumes this fall what ship(s) will sail from NJ and where will their short voyages go if not Bermuda?    As far as X goes,  why do you keep bringing them up, they don't even have Bermuda sailings scheduled this fall.  Even if they did, the notion that RCCI would grant scarce Bermuda dock space to a little Celebrity M class  rather than a Royal Oasis, Freedom or Quantum class is absurd.  As a good corporate citizen I'm sure LLP would agree.   Imagine Fain having to explain to the board why Summit is in Bermuda while Oasis (or Freedom or Quantum class) remains in layup.  The ships that should sail first are those that can produce the highest revenue.  

From Fain's cc interview last week:

Cruisers have their favorite lines, but he was unable to specify what the return to the seas would look like, in terms of whether each cruise line would come back with one ship, whether Royal would start before Celebrity and the others, or even what area of the world would resume first.

"I don't know," he said. "It won't be all of a sudden, all the ships start going, but which ship is very much a question of which markets are the most reopened.

"And I know that's frustrating. They would like to know which comes first. So would I, by the way.

OMG.  You started the whole Oasis sailing instead of Celebrity thing.

Please give me the details as to the specific time when RCCL told Celebrity that one of their ships was no longer going to cruise from point A to point B because a larger ship in RCI's fleet would generate more money for the corporation.

You can't because it has never happened in the past and it's the pure speculation of a earlier poster on this thread and you're just piggy backing on his coat tails speculating that this hypothesis could somehow turn into reality.

Because they have not done it does not mean they could not do it. As I posted it would not be possible to use the larger ship, Oasis that was proposed can not be used for technical reasons.

I was booked on Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda. They sent the ship to Pullmantur and Pullmantur sent a ship to Celebrity which was rebranded as Azamara. The Azamara ship took over the Celebrity slots in Bermuda. RCCL can do whatever they please. The slots belong to them. Celebrity is only a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Because they have not done it does not mean they could not do it. As I posted it would not be possible to use the larger ship, Oasis that was proposed can not be used for technical reasons.

I was booked on Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda. They sent the ship to Pullmantur and Pullmantur sent a ship to Celebrity which was rebranded as Azamara. The Azamara ship took over the Celebrity slots in Bermuda. RCCL can do whatever they please. The slots belong to them. Celebrity is only a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You must be a lawyer since you are spin doctoring the information.    Your second paragraph has nothing to do with the distinct possibility of RCCL mandating that a larger RCI ship will replace a smaller X ship to go from Bayonne to Bermuda.

43 minutes ago, orville99 said:

RCL's website now shows no cruises sailing out of U.S. Ports in either July or August. The earliest posted U.S. cruise is mid-September.

I guess you did not hear the news that CLIA has banned all large format cruises from US ports till September  15, which would be in line with what you saw.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I guess you did not hear the news that CLIA has banned all large format cruises from US ports till September  15, which would be in line with what you saw.

Heard the CLIA announcement yesterday on CNBC, which is precisely why I posted what I posted. Since RCL has not done anything to update their travel advisory (other than to put a sentence at the top saying in effect they are trying to figure out what the CLIA decision means), I thought it was appropriate to post what I posted. Sorry I violated your position of superiority about everything.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Now the common sense became a fact

I believe the fact was that NO ONE KNEW....not even your crystal ball. It was a fact then and it is a fact now....NO ONE KNEW. And still no one knows beyond for a fact. THAT is a fact. Nothing to do with common sense.

What you term as common sense is pure "speculation".

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Heard the CLIA announcement yesterday on CNBC, which is precisely why I posted what I posted. Since RCL has not done anything to update their travel advisory (other than to put a sentence at the top saying in effect they are trying to figure out what the CLIA decision means), I thought it was appropriate to post what I posted. Sorry I violated your position of superiority about everything.

Royal plans to release updated itinerary info this coming Tuesday. As of today Royal has removed all cruises except Asia through September 15 from their website so I think we already know what Tuesdays announcement will be. 

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I believe the fact was that NO ONE KNEW....not even your crystal ball. It was a fact then and it is a fact now....NO ONE KNEW. And still no one knows beyond for a fact. THAT is a fact. Nothing to do with common sense.

What you term as common sense is pure "speculation".

I guess you are still belonging to the ones that think the Virus is not around us "fake news" and life can go on as if nothing happened... 2nd wave here we come then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I guess you are still belonging to the ones that think the Virus is not around us "fake news" and life can go on as if nothing happened... 2nd wave here we come then.

How dare you judge! You have no right to.

I do not belong to any "ones" who believe this or that.  I believe that NO ONE KNOWS for a fact what will happen. Not you, not me, not anybody else.

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

No superiority implied in my post whatsoever.  If you did indeed hear about the CLIA announcement as you recently typed, then why did you not incorporate it into your Royal posting?  It would have just confirmed the fact that July, August and early September bookings were no longer available.

All the discussion here is now moot as the new date of restricted cruises is now Sept.15.

i assume the OP’s August cruise was to Bermuda. At the present time, Bermuda has imposed a 14 day quarantine for all traveling into the country.

How cruise passengers could be accommodated under this restriction is questionable.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the opening cruise timeframe be pushed back even farther - for all lines. This is going to be a complex situation with yet-to-be-determined quarantine / disembarkation rules and procedures for various ports - domestic and international (especially).