Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RaceWalker50 said:

Any one have knowledge of when next Power Up may be available?  Ann

None of us know in advance, so just keep an eye on this thread.  When a PUP activity comes up, it will be posted.  Since the program started in the middle of 2020, things are usually slow until September (when points are awarded in October).

image.png.c9302dbd2fb874148544d1fe57e6126c.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

None of us know in advance, so just keep an eye on this thread.  When a PUP activity comes up, it will be posted.  Since the program started in the middle of 2020, things are usually slow until September.

Thank You.  Ann

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing posted in 18 days.. All y'all must be dying wondering when the next PUP opportunity is..... I won't start any rumors but..... ok my magic 8 ball broke so I have no idea.... 

At least I'm only 1 week away from some vacay time on Summit for 14 days.....

Waiting with until we hear from them next.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm grateful that following 6/14 when our PUP points from the May Webinar failed to post, after multiple calls, emails and a contact through the forever-to-be nameless social media site, they finally showed up on 7/14. Now I will wait until I once again see a flurry of activity on this thread show up in my inbox. Meanwhile, we're packing for our next adventure on Eclipse that's fast approaching. Maybe we'll get to try out the streaming ability of Starlink with the Premium WIFI.

• Like 1

I think it's important to let you all know that I am also waiting in great anticipation of another Power Up Points opportunity.

There.  Now I feel much better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I think it's important to let you all know that I am also waiting in great anticipation of another Power Up Points opportunity.

There.  Now I feel much better.

Me too!

39 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

I have "signed up" for PUP numerous times but never received the PUP activity.

AM I doing something wrong or not contacting the right person?

From what I have read on this thread over the years, you are not alone.  There are quite a few people who have complained about the same thing with no remedy posted that fixes it.  The workaround is simply to monitor this thread. 

Some of us that do receive the emails will on occasion not even recognize that there is a PUP activity in it and confuse it with the other marketing emails that we receive from Celebrity.  Another reason to monitor this thread.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

From what I have read on this thread over the years, you are not alone.  There are quite a few people who have complained about the same thing with no remedy posted that fixes it.  The workaround is simply to monitor this thread. 

Some of us that do receive the emails will on occasion not even recognize that there is a PUP activity in it and confuse it with the other marketing emails that we receive from Celebrity.  Another reason to monitor this thread.

Can one participate in PUP even if you are not confirmed from Celebrity as having joined?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

Can one participate in PUP even if you are not confirmed from Celebrity as having joined?

When you perform your PUP activity, you have to fill out your Captains Club membership number in order to get credit.  This is regardless of whether you get an email or not. 

If you get the email, sometimes your CC number will be already filled in for you but without fail someone will post the PUP activity web page with the CC number field blank which allows you to fill yours in to get credit if you didn't get the email.

When the PUP activity is watching a webinar, there is an online registration form which allows you to enter multiple CC numbers down in one of the form's fields (e.g. you and your family are watching the webinar).  Once you fill out the form and hit the "submit" button, the webinar begins.  The link to the registration form is in the email.  However someone on this thread will always post the link to the registration form for others that didn't get the email or missed the email.  

Again, more reasons to monitor this thread--whether you get the email or not.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

Yes. You just need to get the link to register for the activity from here and enter your Captains Club number. Then complete the activity. Always take screenshots and save them until the points have been awarded.

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

When you perform your PUP activity, you have to fill out your Captains Club membership number in order to get credit.  This is regardless of whether you get an email or not. 

If you get the email, sometimes your CC number will be already filled in for you but without fail someone will post the PUP activity web page with the CC number field blank which allows you to fill yours in to get credit if you didn't get the email.

When the PUP activity is watching a webinar, there is an online registration form which allows you to put multiple CC numbers down (e.g. you and your family are watching the webinar).  Once you fill out the form and hit the "submit" button, the webinar begins.  The link to the registration form is in the email.  However someone on this thread will always post the link to the registration form for others that didn't get the email or missed the email.  

Again, more reasons to monitor this thread--whether you get the email or not.

Thanks to you and everyone else. This is a great help. The exercise has been quiet frustrating and you validated that I was not crazy or computer challenged.

Just now, Dave JS said:

Thanks to you and everyone else. This is a great help. The exercise has been quiet frustrating and you validated that I was not crazy or computer challenged.

On the subject of reliably receiving PUP emails, even if Celebrity tells you that you are crazy, you most assuredly are not.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

Thanks to you and everyone else. This is a great help. The exercise has been quite frustrating and you validated that I was not crazy or computer challenged.

It is Celebrity that is computer challenged. I used to get the Captains Club emails and then they stopped. Whatever their problem is they can’t fix it. Their IT is broken. So if you want the PUP’s follow this thread. 

In one of LHB's answers she indicated that one should be watching for further Power Up Points earning opportunities in order to "boost" one's point total, so evidently the program lives on. 

Therefore, I will keep monitoring this thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave JS said:

I have "signed up" for PUP numerous times but never received the PUP activity.

You're better off this way. To get the PUP emails, you have to opt in for all marketing emails, which can be as many as six per day. Monitoring this thread is a far better option.

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Always take screenshots and save them until the points have been awarded.

And since there is nothing to distinguish one activity from another, you can use the same screenshot over and over again.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

You're better off this way. To get the PUP emails, you have to opt in for all marketing emails, which can be as many as six per day. Monitoring this thread is a far better option.

And since there is nothing to distinguish one activity from another, you can use the same screenshot over and over again.

I was thinking about that, but if you click on the "i" icon there is time/date info embedded in the photo, so I just take new screenshots for each activity. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Well, I have been getting a goodly number of the emails, but thanks for letting me know the criteria.

8 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I was thinking about that, but if you click on the "i" icon there is time/date info embedded in the photo, so I just take new screenshots for each activity. 

Can you use the SNIP utility to get the picture?

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

In one of LHB's answers she indicated that one should be watching for further Power Up Points earning opportunities in order to "boost" one's point total, so evidently the program lives on. 

Therefore, I will keep monitoring this thread.

Yes we need LHB to show she cares - we are feeling neglected again! 

• Haha 1

Just now, newtocruiseinblue said:

Yes we need LHB to show she cares - we are feeling neglected again! 

She mentioned webinars specifically.

I think she enjoys a bit of the limelight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

Can you use the SNIP utility to get the picture?

Yes, just remember where it's saved on your computer. I usually just use my phone.