Spanish Cruise ban to continue

On 6/15/2020 at 5:24 PM, Over Land & Sea said:

Scant info, however if it follows previous government orders it will add a further 2-3 weeks on existing ban. Getting closer to our August cruise out of Barcelona.

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/international/2020/06/13/68409/spain-continuing-ban-cruise-ships.html

Has anywhere in Europe actually said they are open for ships yet?  
I think I saw mention of trips from Hamburg? 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:24 PM, Over Land & Sea said:

Scant info, however if it follows previous government orders it will add a further 2-3 weeks on existing ban. Getting closer to our August cruise out of Barcelona.

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/international/2020/06/13/68409/spain-continuing-ban-cruise-ships.html

Which ship are you on?  We have/had Vision out of Barcelona for a TA in September.

The cruise ferries between Norway and Germany started operating again just yesterday (June 17) with their two night return trip cruise. They're sailing with reduced capacity, no buffets, floor distancing stickers, no ordering at counters - only serving drinks and food at the table, and you're not allowed ashore while in Germany. 

104327638_10156883369907273_8152683208583295556_o.jpg

infection.jpeg

• Like 1

We are booked on the 2nd August out of Southampton. Zero chance of it going ahead so just wish RCL would hurry up and announce it formally. Just made final payment as well (albeit 10 days late), nothing more than an interest free loan I fear

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UKCruiseRCL said:

We are booked on the 2nd August out of Southampton. Zero chance of it going ahead so just wish RCL would hurry up and announce it formally. Just made final payment as well (albeit 10 days late), nothing more than an interest free loan I fear

Same as us, we've held off on final payment and unsurprisingly have not been chased up on it yet. Just waiting for official cancellation to then sort out refunds on flights.

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nobody will chase you, your cruise will just be automatically cancelled if you don’t make final payment. 

Tough it seems like it's not happening right away after the deadline.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Tough it seems like it's not happening right away after the deadline.

Not a chance I’d be willing to take.  If you don’t make payment and your reservation cancels it is under regular cancellation penalties and CWC does not apply. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not a chance I’d be willing to take.  If you don’t make payment and your reservation cancels it is under regular cancellation penalties and CWC does not apply. 

Exactly.
Either cancel and get your £150pp deposit back as FCC; or pay in full and see if they cancel so you get 125% back as FCC if they still offer that. Or get your cash back. But don’t just let the booking lapse. 

I went 10 days past final payment date. Not intended but I do not cruise often and fully expected some kind of reminder email. Anyway I clicked link and paid up fine. I guess they have bigger issues to worry about for now but as pointed out above its still a risk

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, UKCruiseRCL said:

I went 10 days past final payment date. Not intended but I do not cruise often and fully expected some kind of reminder email. Anyway I clicked link and paid up fine. I guess they have bigger issues to worry about for now but as pointed out above its still a risk

Even if booked through TA, the system is in a mess and even if you are one month late they don't seem to notice currently / sending out reminders or even cancelling reservations.

On 6/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, Over Land & Sea said:

If things continue to look stable and cruselines that plan to actually cruise in August with a acceptable health protocol we might sitll see Spain, Italy and France to allow cruiseship tourism to happen this summer.