Another delay to the sailings announcement 17 June

uktog

We are currently trying to decide whether or not to cancel our September 20 SB cruise on the Queen. Our traveling companions are definitely not going as he has health concerns.

As they have suspended the cruises through August 8, maybe we should just wait see if AQSC cancels.

Lines with larger ships have cancelled thru September and later. Maybe AQSC will follow.

We are booked on the Empress 9/20/20 for a Columbia/Snake River. The boat is listed as having 223 passengers and 84 crew. I see that CLIA has called for cruises to be delayed until 9/15. I wonder if this means the AQSC will pause until then. We paid in advance and have our air too. We have insurance and hope it will cover us if we have to cancel. We are in good health but are in our 70s. We do not want to go and are hoping they will cancel. Anyone have a good crystal ball? 

3 hours ago, ann1bell said:

We are booked on the Empress 9/20/20 for a Columbia/Snake River. The boat is listed as having 223 passengers and 84 crew. I see that CLIA has called for cruises to be delayed until 9/15. I wonder if this means the AQSC will pause until then. We paid in advance and have our air too. We have insurance and hope it will cover us if we have to cancel. We are in good health but are in our 70s. We do not want to go and are hoping they will cancel. Anyone have a good crystal ball? 

I believe today's announcement applied more for ocean cruises than domestic river cruises. The last update from AQSC is June 17.

I'd keep checking here...

https://www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/contact-us/alerts/

I think the CLIA got in ahead of the next CDC announcement which cannot be far way given the notice that has to be given, but with the increasing infection rates in some areas I doubt it will be good news. 

• Like 2