Virus numbers going up in FL

jakeT

Really doesn't matter if numbers are rising or flattening the curve. Cruise lines listen to CDC and if they deem it unsafe no ship leaves port.  Cruise lines don't want to have to quarantine for 14 days.

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

That's what it said .

I am surprised they made plans for so far into the future.  At least people know what they are getting into if they are planning on visiting Key West in the next year.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am surprised they made plans for so far into the future.  At least people know what they are getting into if they are planning on visiting Key West in the next year.

Cruisers better start planning on it, it could get ugly on board!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Cruisers better start planning on it, it could get ugly on board!

If my cruise sails in September, one of the stops is Key West.  I have a feeling the ports will be the same way.  Hopefully, if that's the case, Carnival will let people roll over their money to a later cruise without penalty.  If not, I will have to make the best of it and will probably stay on the ship at any port where a mask is required outside.  It's just too hot to wear a mask outside in the hot sun.

13 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

If my cruise sails in September, one of the stops is Key West.  I have a feeling the ports will be the same way.  Hopefully, if that's the case, Carnival will let people roll over their money to a later cruise without penalty.  If not, I will have to make the best of it and will probably stay on the ship at any port where a mask is required outside.  It's just too hot to wear a mask outside in the hot sun.

I agree, I think it's best to let people decide what precautions they want to take.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

And now seeing :

Orlando requiring masks be worn in public.

Tampa requiring masks be worn indoors in public places.

Key West requiring masks until June 2021.

I really hope my area doesn’t hop on the bandwagon but we’re just slowly behind Miami-Dade so I’m sure it’s coming.

Edited by xDisconnections

17 hours ago, jakeT said:

With the vast number o f cruises going out of FL.  Do you think this is going to be a major setback?

will states band people from FL flying into there state ?

Florida's numbers are trending up along with many other states.  Many on here with there head in the sand will say there is nothing to see here full speed ahead.  I think with the announcements of the other cruise lines realistically Carnival will follow suit.  I personally hope we get back to cruising very soon when it is safe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, travelhound said:

According to Expedia, it looks like RCL, MSC, and Disney are not deterred.  All three lines are gearing up to resume cruising in August.

I just checked a bunch of news sites on this and didn't see anything.  I also googled exactly what you said and nothing came up.  Do you have an article you can post?

27 minutes ago, skridge said:

I just checked a bunch of news sites on this and didn't see anything.  I also googled exactly what you said and nothing came up.  Do you have an article you can post?

Yup, just go to Expedia and search for all Caribbean cruises in August.  You will see RCL, MSC and Disney are all selling cruises for August.  There are actually 58 cruises listed for August.

Edited by travelhound
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, travelhound said:

According to Expedia, it looks like RCL, MSC, and Disney are not deterred.  All three lines are gearing up to resume cruising in August.

And NCL was still accepting reservations until last week. Expedia is in the travel business and until they hear different from the cruise lines why wouldn't they.

Cruise lines are doing the same , doesn't mean August is a go. With all going on in Fla. and cases up Fla. ports aren't going to open.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

And NCL was still accepting reservations until last week. Expedia is in the travel business and until they hear different from the cruise lines why wouldn't they.

Cruise lines are doing the same , doesn't mean August is a go. With all going on in Fla. and cases up Fla. ports aren't going to open.

Maybe, but right now that's just speculation and it appears that these three cruise lines are moving forward to resume operation in August.

17 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Maybe, but right now that's just speculation and it appears that these three cruise lines are moving forward to resume operation in August.

Or, are taking "interest free loans" until they can really resume operations.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

If my cruise sails in September, one of the stops is Key West . . .

. . . I will have to make the best of it and will probably stay on the ship at any port where a mask is required outside.  It's just too hot to wear a mask outside in the hot sun.

I don't know your particular sailing, but most of those have you arriving rather early morning, and then being back onboard a little after noon.  If so, you'll be in average September temperatures between upper 70s and upper 80s for the duration.  Yep, rather warm, but a stroll down Duval Street (perhaps staying on the east side, in the shade of buildings) would still be an enjoyable port break while leaving the ship.  Enjoy your cruise. 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

I don't know your particular sailing, but most of those have you arriving rather early morning, and then being back onboard a little after noon.  If so, you'll be in average September temperatures between upper 70s and upper 80s for the duration.  Yep, rather warm, but a stroll down Duval Street (perhaps staying on the east side, in the shade of buildings) would still be an enjoyable port break while leaving the ship.  Enjoy your cruise. 😊

I may not like wearing a mask, but I would consider it, if required and I really wanted to see something in that port.

6 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

My cruise is at the end of September, so the weather shouldn't be quite so hot.  I live in an area where you don't have to wear a mask outside or even in a grocery store.  I do wear one in the grocery store so that other people will feel more comfortable.  A mask was required to get my hair cut and I wore it with no problem.  However, it's very uncomfortable for me in an air conditioned place, so wearing one outside wouldn't be enjoyable on vacation.  If the cruise isn't cancelled and I can't roll my money to a later cruise, I will bring some thin disposable masks.  Right now, I wear a special cloth one that has something on the nose to secure it close to my face.  People have a hard time understanding me when  I talk through it.

I know masks aren't a big deal to a lot of people and I hope those people are the first ones to cruise.  I would just like the option to reschedule without penalty because I am not going to throw away $2,000.  I will just go on the cruise and limit what I do.

Edited by TNcruising02

5 minutes ago, travelhound said:

In reality, all cruise lines take interest free loans when they sell a cruise to pay for today's expenses. 

Well, in reality just about every business does that.....but in this case, they know there's a good chance they can't deliver the product

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Well, in reality just about every business does that.....but in this case, they know there's a good chance they can't deliver the product

Again, that's just speculation, right now that does not appear to be the case.  Which does make some sense, when you consider that Disney World is opening up in July.  Therefore Disney may want to also sell cruise packages in August.

6 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Again, that's just speculation, right now that does not appear to be the case.  Which does make some sense, when you consider that Disney World is opening up in July.  Therefore Disney may want to also sell cruise packages in August.

It is also just speculation that cruises will resume in August. Sure, that is what they are aiming to do, but until the CDC gives them the green light to sail, nothing is going to happen. The fact that Expedia has cruises listed for August is far from proof that sailing will resume at that time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SLCfirsttimer said:

It is also just speculation that cruises will resume in August. Sure, that is what they are aiming to do, but until the CDC gives them the green light to sail, nothing is going to happen. The fact that Expedia has cruises listed for August is far from proof that sailing will resume at that time. 

You may be right, but right now that's just speculation and it appears that they will resume in August.