D+ at 340 points or above for solo cruisers

So I'm diamond, and D to D+ status is kind of meh.

I cruise solo about half the time, so the next thing I care about is hitting 340 points and having my supplement drop to 150% if I sail solo.  My question to those who know is: is that drop applied to every cruise after 340 points, or only specific cruises?

It would be a significant chunk of change if evrything after 340 points qualifies.

Edited by mk-ultra

2 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

So I'm diamond, and D to D+ status is kind of meh.

I cruise solo about half the time, so the next thing I care about is hitting 340 points and having my supplement drop to 150% if I sail solo.  My question to those who know is: is that drop applied to every cruise after 340 points, or only specific cruises?

It would be a significant chunk of change if evrything after 340 points qualifies.

Excludes a July and August as well as holiday sailings. 

• Like 1

I probably should have just read the fine print on the page about C&A benefits 😛

16 Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

Edited by mk-ultra

Hello,

This *is* on-topic - really!

I have never taken-out US motor insurance so don't know how it works. Here in the UK you earn a 'no claims bonus' the longer you drive with no accidents. Some companies offer up to 60% discount, some up to 75%. Ah - but 75% of what?

The inference is that a DP340+ single price is 1.5 times the 'each person' price for a couple. Sadly this is not always so. I found earlier on this year for 2021 that the per person price for a solo was greater than the (total) couple's price so after the DP340+ discount of 25% was taken off I was back to paying the price for a couple (or would have been if I had booked).

So don't believe the rhetoric, do a dummy booking for a couple then one for a DP340+ and compare the two.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

The last time I used the D+ single supplement which was this past March (seems so long ago) it did not show up on line and I had to call C&A Diamond number.  When I explained what I was looking for to the rep, it was a entirely new ball game... he had never heard of it!  It eventually got sorted out.

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

This *is* on-topic - really!

I have never taken-out US motor insurance so don't know how it works. Here in the UK you earn a 'no claims bonus' the longer you drive with no accidents. Some companies offer up to 60% discount, some up to 75%. Ah - but 75% of what?

The inference is that a DP340+ single price is 1.5 times the 'each person' price for a couple. Sadly this is not always so. I found earlier on this year for 2021 that the per person price for a solo was greater than the (total) couple's price so after the DP340+ discount of 25% was taken off I was back to paying the price for a couple (or would have been if I had booked).

So don't believe the rhetoric, do a dummy booking for a couple then one for a DP340+ and compare the two.

Regards,

Cublet

When I was Diamond Plus, I would have to call in every time to get the single supplements reduce to 150%. You may see some discounts, but those are often time the suite / balcony discount and not the supplement. You can always book online and than call in to get the discount. Same deal when I use a travel agent, they had to contact Royal Caribbean directly to get the discount apply. Once you reach Pinnacle, it’s all automated on the website.

Edited by SkaterJasp

1 hour ago, Anton said:

The DP340 rate also reduces things like the D+ balcony discount and any OBC offer that is available by 25%.  So if the offer has a $50 OBC you get $37.50.  

Hello,

Yes mostly, but the Booking-on-Board OBC benefit has always been paid in full to me and no pro-rated.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

When I was Diamond Plus, I would have to call in every time to get the single supplements reduce to 150%. You may see some discounts, but those are often time the suite / balcony discount and not the supplement. You can always book online and than call in to get the discount. Same deal when I use a travel agent, they had to contact Royal Caribbean directly to get the discount apply. Once you reach Pinnacle, it’s all automated on the website.

Hi Jasper!

What are you doing with your down time since cruising is not an option?  Hope you still have your job, too!

Hope to hear baby shark or something else stupid while I am on the wave again someday.

jc

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hi Jasper!

What are you doing with your down time since cruising is not an option?  Hope you still have your job, too!

Hope to hear baby shark or something else stupid while I am on the wave again someday.

jc

Skateboarding and hanging out around Southern California. So far only had 2 cruises canceled. Still have my job but I took a couple months off since it was an option. 

what about the Wash Your Hands song? LOL. 

Keep in mind that many "Guarantee" type cabins are not open to solo travelers.  This confuses some solo cruisers as it appears that the cheap rates disappear when they enter just one guest.  DP340 is no exception to this rule so sometimes you have to consider adding a guest that you hope can make the cruise even if they can't make it on cruise day.   The moral of the story is that DP340 isn't always cheaper than a guarantee cabin.  Rarely a guarantee cabin is offered to solo cruisers so it happens, just not often.

As an extensive solo cruisers I can tell you that DP340 has generally done a lot for me but you do need to enter the code each and every time and sometimes you run into a phone rep at Royal or at a travel agency who hasn't heard of it.  For whatever reason only Pinnacle members don't have to enter the code every time.  

When repricing a cruise that has dropped in price you need to mention it again, it's often overlooked.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

DP340 is no exception to this rule so sometimes you have to consider adding a guest that you hope can make the cruise even if they can't make it on cruise day.

*wink*