Carnival's June 22 announcement - burning questions

58 minutes ago, Tapi said:

My completely unscientific and speculative assessment is that 2-3 fantasy class ships will “cross the rainbow bridge”. It seems to me that in the current state of events, people will initially be drawn to ports of embarkation that they can drive to rather than fly, so it makes sense to keep smaller, limited (but accesible) ports of embarkation like Jacksonville and Mobile operating by keeping some fantasy class ships. 

Get rid of fantasy class ships from ports that can handle larger ships (Miami, Port Canaveral, Long Beach for example) and reshuffle ships. For example, eliminate sailings on the Sensation out of Miami, Elation out of Port Canaveral, and Imagination or Inspiration from Long Beach, and reassign those ships to Jacksonville or Mobile if the older ships (Fantasy, Ecstasy) are the ships that go. 

I agree. The ones that haven't had balconies added perhaps will be sold, but a few kept. 

Reading my cancellation letter and taking a deep breath. 

On 6/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, Honolulu Blue said:
  • He will be posting a calendar tomorrow for the cruises he will be on in October.  I hope he's not on the one I still have scheduled; that would doom it for sure!

UPDATE:  Mr. Heald did not post his calendar yesterday, but he posted this message today:

I had a schedule of cruises all ready to post for October and November but I have decided not to. That’s because I really do not want you to book a cruise with me, not because I am ugly although that may put some people off but because I do not think it is fair for me to do so.

You see while most of you reading this should feel confident that come October the fun will be back I cannot feel confident until the United States Government lifts the flight ban from the UK to the USA. And until they do this I cannot really say where I will be if I am not allowed in to the country. Once the ban is lifted then I will indeed post my schedule.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 12:14 PM, Honolulu Blue said:
  • Will they delay cruises beyond September 15?  
  • Will other Carnival Corporation lines announce their cancellation plans at the same time?  
  • Will ships in their "accelerated retirement" plan be announced?  If so, which ones will get the heave ho?
  • Will they change their rebooking incentives?
  • Will they announce an extension in the dates of cruises that offer final payment dates closer to the time of the cruise? 
  • Will they announce additional details about the cruising experience when they do sail?
  • Will they announce the ships and ports they plan to use when they resume sailing?  

On 6/22/2020 at 6:49 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

A couple more questions I thought of yesterday and early today:

• What will this week's incentives be to get us to book?  The usual mix of reduced deposits and sale prices, or will they surprise us?
  • Will a new launch date be mentioned for the Mardi Gras and/or the Carnival Radiance?

UPDATE:  With yesterday's announcement, Brand Ambassador John Heald's posts and video, and his interview with Sr. VP "Ben", we now have a few more answers:

• The Mardi Gras is now delayed until February 6, 2021, its new launch date.
  • One ship that I thought might be retired, but now clearly will not be (at least during the next 90 days) is the Victory.  It's scheduled to complete its transformation to the Radiance and is scheduled to start sailing around May 1, 2021.

The other questions were either previously answered, have unchanged answers, or remain to be answered.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

5 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

• One ship that I thought might be retired, but now clearly will not be (at least during the next 90 days) is the Victory.  It's scheduled to complete its transformation to the Radiance and is scheduled to start sailing around May 1, 2021.

The other questions were either previously answered, have unchanged answers, or remain to be answered.

I am scheduled........................... for the May 2nd cruise to the Panama Canal on the Radiance.

• Like 1