Come sail with me on a virtual cruise on Majestic Princess to Fiji!

ellie1145

3 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

“After all... tomorrow is another day.”

A prize for the person who can tell me where the quote comes from!

I believe this is the last line in Gone with the Wind uttered by Scarlet as Rhett leaves her in the plantation doorway.  

Could be wrong but really hoping I too get to win that pocket/purse size vacuum.  

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and glad to hear his surgery went well.  Hope you are able to enjoy that complimentary breakfast together!

Thank you again for this trip.  Really something to look forward to each day!    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winifred said:

"Tomorrow is another day"  is it from Gone with the wind?  One of my fav films, and a great saying to hold on to, especially on one of the days you (and hubby)  are going through.  

Winifred, looks like you and I were typing our answer at the same time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winifred said:

Hehehe yes!  but I  posted first so claim the pocket purse vacuum! As consolation I'll let you borrow it for your cabin when you need it 😉

Dang!  I am crushed, but it is kind of you to offer to lend it!  

• Haha 2

Update

I have collected DH from hospital. He is doing  well and managed to walk the short distance to our hotel.

All is well, so far.

Thank you for all the supportive and kind comments.

Good  night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ROWSE said:

Dang!  I am crushed, but it is kind of you to offer to lend it!  

Please don’t worry. According to my technicians you were too close to choose between winners so you will BOTH be receiving your Mini, collapsible Vortex vacuum cleaner, small enough to put in your handbag or pocket....or you could choose the full size one, just let me know. Both, of course, are invaluable,...🤣

• Haha 1

I am so glad to hear that your husband is doing well and did not have to stay the night in the hospital. You can now tell him that you arranged a night in a hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary!

Ellie so enjoying your travels ..4 cruises cancelled for me this year but you are helping me live through your adventure .

I am also watching The Cruise on U Tube , the show brings back lots of memories .

The view from your hotel window looked like London ...I did my nurses training in London the days of crisp white hats and aprons .

Hope Hubby does well and you get home tomorrow.

• Like 1

ROWSE just noticed you are from Spokane Washington, my husband visited Boeing  in Seattle many times through his work, and I was lucky enough to go with him several times Many happy memories of Seattle and beautiful Washington state. Would love to return some day. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, winifred said:

ROWSE just noticed you are from Spokane Washington, my husband visited Boeing  in Seattle many times through his work, and I was lucky enough to go with him several times Many happy memories of Seattle and beautiful Washington state. Would love to return some day. 

So glad you enjoyed Washington.  We are on the East side next to Idaho but surrounded by beautiful mountains just like Seattle with a lot less people.   

We have a cruised booked May 2021, for British Isles so I will hopefully get to experience Scotland as well.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Ellie so enjoying your travels ..4 cruises cancelled for me this year but you are helping me live through your adventure .

I am also watching The Cruise on U Tube , the show brings back lots of memories .

The view from your hotel window looked like London ...I did my nurses training in London the days of crisp white hats and aprons .

Hope Hubby does well and you get home tomorrow.

So pleased to hear that you are enjoying our adventure. So sorry to hear about those cancelled cruises. It is so disappointing. I know we can hardly believe what has happened.

Interesting to note that you trained as a nurse in London. Those were the days, those beautiful uniforms and hats, and stern Sisters and Matrons who seemed to have a finger on the pulse. Which hospital did you train at?

Yes, we were in London. Our local hospitals are not operating so we had to travel there, to St Mary’s Paddington.

A bit of an update...

Well, we are home. DH had a good night and slept until 5.00 am. He was able to accompany me to breakfast which was amazing. He is in a bit of discomfort but it could be worse. They used to keep you in for a fortnight years ago, now you are up and around within hours. Amazing.

I had to drive home from Central London this morning. I think DH would have preferred another operation......

The car park under the hotel had such small spaces that it took me 15 mins of intricate manoeuvring to get the car out of the space. But at least I didn’t knock the wing mirrors off or back into a concrete pillar! Thank goodness for all those warning lights and sounds! 🤣

So it’s back to our Fijian adventure.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

A bit of an update...

Well, we are home. DH had a good night and slept until 5.00 am. He was able to accompany me to breakfast which was amazing. He is in a bit of discomfort but it could be worse. They used to keep you in for a fortnight years ago, now you are up and around within hours. Amazing.

I had to drive home from Central London this morning. I think DH would have preferred another operation......

The car park under the hotel had such small spaces that it took me 15 mins of intricate manoeuvring to get the car out of the space. But at least I didn’t knock the wing mirrors off or back into a concrete pillar! Thank goodness for all those warning lights and sounds! 🤣

So it’s back to our Fijian adventure.

That is wonderful news that you are back home.  And, what a relief it must be that is behind you.  I can't wait to get back onboard!!

• Like 1

So happy all went well, Ellie, and that you and DH are safe and sound at home again.  We are all getting to feel like we know you personally.  Hope you're having a celebratory dinner right now.

• Like 1

Farewell to Suva

6A79B9AF-7CF4-46EE-A987-5B410EF4FAEA.thumb.jpeg.d79555a0493a7520216ce6ce845319f4.jpeg

D4867E36-947F-45C7-AEF7-B2F333A82EF4.thumb.jpeg.ebc0a47dbe994e5f75ef6cbc09fb3e14.jpeg

E4B7CF98-31AD-4EF7-B6B0-CED09785F4A9.thumb.jpeg.30c645b482a3c329dea536c0415e07fd.jpeg

The rain doesn’t let up all day and by the time we are due to sail away we go up on deck and walk all the way round, but the mist is still rolling down over the sea. There are numerous small boats anchored and quite a lot of wrecks.

D4F7EB0B-B6AC-4389-ADD0-C00330839C09.thumb.jpeg.c35db07dfaa6d24292c3a7e2019dcd32.jpeg

6000B5B5-11B9-4E0B-B620-F539A82509BD.thumb.jpeg.7be1c3a282346f0203df17ae4eefa026.jpeg

52FC9C2B-9EB3-4C79-867A-A12F7FCFC12F.thumb.jpeg.d6514a85fc34bfd3b1522181c68074bf.jpeg

At last Majestic Princess is ready to depart and we watch as the ropes are let go and she moves oh so silently away from the dock. The skies are still grey and forbidding, and we watch as the pilot boat arrives alongside to take off the pilot. 

8 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

That is wonderful news that you are back home.  And, what a relief it must be that is behind you.  I can't wait to get back onboard!!

Thank you so much. 

Now we can make our way to Savusavu!

Hi Ellie,

I am so glad to hear you and your DH are  back home and I am sending good vibes that he has a full  and speedy recovery!

I do not envy you driving through London, since our first trip there way back in '90, both my DH and I decided never again to drive in such a large foreign (to us) city --- especially on the "wrong" side of the road!

Gail

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

So happy all went well, Ellie, and that you and DH are safe and sound at home again.  We are all getting to feel like we know you personally.  Hope you're having a celebratory dinner right now.

Thank you. We are relieved and grateful to be home, although the hotel was very helpful and spotlessly clean. They had everything in place to ensure our safety.

This hotel (like many others)  has been home to many NHS Staff during lockdown and they did a wonderful job of giving them a safe place to stay and good food. What an amazing cooperation between government, hotel and staff. Truly, it is one of the great achievements of this pandemic, how businesses such as this offered succour to those engulfed in the care of patients with Covid-19. 

I’m afraid DH has not yet got his appetite back so, for us, it will be something light.

But ‘tomorrow is another day!’ 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

Hi Ellie,

I am so glad to hear you and your DH are  back home and I am sending good vibes that he has a full  and speedy recovery!

I do not envy you driving through London, since our first trip there way back in '90, both my DH and I decided never again to drive in such a large foreign (to us) city --- especially on the "wrong" side of the road!

Gail

Well, it was a little ‘hairy’ to say the least, and DH is a terrible passenger at the best of times. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he has allowed me to drive him anywhere in 50 years, and one of those was when he cut his finger badly and couldn’t drive himself to the hospital emergency room. 🤣

45 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

Well, it was a little ‘hairy’ to say the least, and DH is a terrible passenger at the best of times. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he has allowed me to drive him anywhere in 50 years, and one of those was when he cut his finger badly and couldn’t drive himself to the hospital emergency room. 🤣

Same here. 53 years...even tho' I used to drive for a living doing home visits.

• Haha 1

A Relaxing Evening

We pass the International Cafe and can’t resist a couple of their amazing desserts.

9B390847-83D4-48C6-8DEE-D259DB1CEE4A.thumb.jpeg.a5fd184b5ca1d0cd0b472b21554cbd10.jpeg

3A6890AB-424A-41C4-984A-6A6F5A7361D2.thumb.jpeg.69b2d7bb398be812ac8cc69a2560c3ec.jpeg

But now it’s time for a swim, and I manage to do 26 lengths today, which pleases me. However, I’m a little ‘miffed’ when I arrive to find someone swimming in MY pool, but the Captain arrives and asks him to leave, so all is well.

08708418-992C-4933-BCC2-BA5B974FAD3E.thumb.jpeg.24df31d8c1646643205c05664d050744.jpeg

Back in our cabin we find a little gift waiting for us, as an apology for the problems we have been having opening our balcony door. At first they said it was the wind, but eventually a gentleman arrived and sorted out the handle, after which it opened like a dream. 

I can’t remember for the life of me if I ate the other 6 or whether they really were mean enough to send only 4! 🤔

F500AD71-9119-45C5-A429-2CF6FBB3747B.thumb.jpeg.e2891a66147a013d5c8b71bb37367e8b.jpeg

There is a lot on tonight, including Comedy Variety Showtime from the ‘Four Kinsmen,’ Pearson and Harvey. Not sure why it’s the Four Kinsmen as there are only two of them. It’s at 6.00pm and 7.30 pm so it doesn’t fit in with either my swim or our dinner.

There is a movie under the stars, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home,’ a Country Line Dancing Class at 8.15 in the Piazza,  followed by the Outback Barn Party Country Night in the Piazza at 9.00 pm. The Production Comedy Showtime:Ye Old Pub Night is in the Vista Gaming Lounge at 9.30, and at 10.15 The Battle of the Sexes Game Show begins.

Tonight it’s an Indian themed dinner, which I am not a fan of so I have my usual fruit plate to start with, whilst DH has the Fennel Crusted Salmon.

301BBD9D-BDA1-4B54-921D-2DA5A123B100.thumb.jpeg.8b3b0a2e4f4c7171e7114cf3dae7dd68.jpeg

We both order the Pacific Orange Roughy, but I ask for mine to be plain, no sauce, with a baked potato and steamed vegetables. I’m afraid I don’t remember why I forgot to take photos, most remiss of me! 🥴

0BEA1384-E5DF-4C4F-8BE6-7548635F07A6.thumb.jpeg.23d8d0b76ab2ebe81103d0220b8eeb5b.jpeg

We eat dinner and then make our way to Crooners to sit and relax with the music of Rudi Douglas, who is there from 8.00 - 11.00. It’s a very comfortable lounge and his music is fantastic.

A snippet of Whitney.

And a snippet of the wonderful Elton John’s music

Eventually tiredness takes over and we pop up to the buffet for a quick cup of tea, and then it’s a bath and bed.

We may not have seen much of Suva but we’ve had a lovely day onboard this fantastic ship, so that can’t be bad.

Hope you’ve all had a good day too.

Tomorrow it’s Savusavu, and a serendipitous adventure.

Goodnight, sleep tight, see you in the morning.

1 hour ago, winifred said:

Yes glad to hear all went well for  husband and for you driving in central London! My husband is a great driver too and (ahem) not such a good passenger so I know how you feel ...

Thank you Winifred. He is really quite ‘chirpy.’

I served him up a delicious 3 course meal tonight.....two slices of toast and some baked beans. 

In my defence, neither of us has an appetite today, must have been all the excitement of yesterday.☺️

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Same here. 53 years...even tho' I used to drive for a living doing home visits.

What is it with these men, I wonder? Glad I’m not the only one ha ha!

I wonder if it has anything to do with my children saying to him ‘Mummy drives MUCH faster over the hump backed bridges, daddy.......’