Extending final payment?

Sugar67

We currently have a re-booked cruise for October 4th and our final payment date is July 6th, 2020.  Someone had mentioned they called Carnival and asked to have final payment extended to 30 days prior to sailing.  I was on hold this morning for 2 hours only to be told she couldn't do that, only travel agents can.  Does anyone have experience getting this done on their own?  Our October 2021 cruise is already paid in full and really don't want to tie up any more money waiting for cancellations to be over with.  TIA

Our PVP has extended our finally payment date before, but only by a week. This was done last December for our cruise this past March, long before the COVID mess. So it is possible to extend final payment, but I don't know if they're doing it for longer periods because of the current situation. I will say this, though...Carnival customer service is notorious for giving out different answers depending on who you talk to. You could always give it another shot.

• Like 1

We were booked on the Breeze for Sept.19th.We booked this sailing last fall before Covid with 50.00 pp deposit..Our final payment date was set for June 21st...My wife tried reaching out to our PVP in late May about moving the final payment date but he went M.I.A on us...So she called Carnival directly on June 17th ( 4 days before final payment date ) and they moved the final payment date to 30 days before sailing which was Aug.18th..Then the cruise was cancelled on June 22nd and we opted for the 600 OBC and future re book. So unless they changed something since yesterdays announcement, they most certainly can move your final payment date to 30 days before your sail date. 

We did this because we didn't want to tie up over 2000 with Carnival without knowing whats in their future plans.

• Like 1

OP, I'd surely call back and talk to someone different.  I'm assuming you are talking to Customer Service Reps and they are famously unreliable.   If you're talking to your PVP, then you need another one.   I've seen it reported here on CC that 30 day extensions were the norm

• Like 1

Let us know if you eventually meet with success.  We have a couple months until final payment, but if cruising is still up in the air at that time, I really don't want to give the cruise lines more money for something that may come to naught.  So if you get your final payment extended, we may try as well.

Don

• Like 1

If you have a PVP call and request 30 days prior to sailing as it is possible. We did it twice once before our Canceled June 27th cruise and then on our rebooked August 2nd cruise which was obviously canceled... Good luck

I was able to extend the final payment for my now-cancelled September cruise to August 5. I did this by calling Carnival and speaking with a customer service rep - not a TA, not a PVP.  I only called a few days before it was due, so maybe that is key.  I would suggest calling back and speaking with someone different. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, Sugar67 said:

We currently have a re-booked cruise for October 4th and our final payment date is July 6th, 2020.  Someone had mentioned they called Carnival and asked to have final payment extended to 30 days prior to sailing.  I was on hold this morning for 2 hours only to be told she couldn't do that, only travel agents can.  Does anyone have experience getting this done on their own?  Our October 2021 cruise is already paid in full and really don't want to tie up any more money waiting for cancellations to be over with.  TIA

Did you book with a ta.

I'm thinking there has to be a reason they would say a ta could for you.

thanks IAMSTEPH, I am going to call again today and see what answer I get.  I booked this on my own Firefly so not sure why she said that.  Honestly, she didn't instill a lot of confidence in me with her answers, I was on hold a lot with her 

I just got off the phone again and this time they extended final payment until July 31st.  She said to call back again closer to that date and they likely could extend the payment date again.  I was quite surprised when she said, it isn't likely that the cruise will be sailing anyways.

1 hour ago, Sugar67 said:

I just got off the phone again and this time they extended final payment until July 31st.  She said to call back again closer to that date and they likely could extend the payment date again.  I was quite surprised when she said, it isn't likely that the cruise will be sailing anyways.

Good to know...and thanks for the information. I have a final payment due August 5th that I, like you are, am a little reluctant to make at this juncture.

Garnett

• Like 1

We are booked on the Magic October 3, 2020. Final payment is due July 5th. I called Carnival today and requested they extend that date and they did. The new final payment date is now July 27th.  Not sure we will know anymore by then but atleast I have a few more weeks to decide.

• Like 1