Cancellation Letter & Penalty

NavyCruiser

Just got the below email from Carnival:

CANCELLATION LETTER
6/24/2020
RE:  Booking#: ___________
Dear Guest/Travel Partner,
We are sorry that your reservation has cancelled. If your cancellation occurred during penalty period the amount will
be listed below:
BookingRef: ___________
CARNIVAL DREAM
08/22/2020
Guest Names Cancellation Date Penalty Assessed
_______________   06/24/2020     USD 150.00

A refund of the government fees and taxes will be processed to the original form of payment. Please note this
unprecedented situation is delaying our processing times so calling/emailing us will not expedite the process. We
appreciate your patience.
We hope you will once again consider Carnival when making future vacation plans.
Sincerely,
Carnival Cruise Line

===========================================================================================

Before I spend hours waiting on hold on phone, 

Can anyone pls tell me if the above penalties applies, since I didn't authorize Carnival that we either want refund or FCC yet?

Thanks,

37 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Just got the below email from Carnival:

CANCELLATION LETTER
6/24/2020
RE:  Booking#: ___________
Dear Guest/Travel Partner,
We are sorry that your reservation has cancelled. If your cancellation occurred during penalty period the amount will
be listed below:
BookingRef: ___________
CARNIVAL DREAM
08/22/2020
Guest Names Cancellation Date Penalty Assessed

A refund of the government fees and taxes will be processed to the original form of payment. Please note this
unprecedented situation is delaying our processing times so calling/emailing us will not expedite the process. We
appreciate your patience.
We hope you will once again consider Carnival when making future vacation plans.
Sincerely,
Carnival Cruise Line

===========================================================================================

Before I spend hours waiting on hold on phone, 

Can anyone pls tell me if the above penalties applies, since I didn't authorize Carnival that we either want refund or FCC yet?

Thanks,

No they dont.   John Heald mentioned it on his fb page today that is just standard wording...it doesnt apply to these cancelled cruises.

Great.

Thanks for the responses.

Instead of sending out this confusing form letter,  Carnival should have come out with a better options choices letter/email with click on links to either get full refund or another link to rebook another cruise with full FCC & OBC clearly stated...

• Like 1

Just now, NavyCruiser said:

Great.

Thanks for the responses.

Instead of sending out this confusing form letter,  Carnival should have come out with a better options choices letter/email with click on links to either get full refund or another link to rebook another cruise with full FCC & OBC clearly stated...

The email did have a link to click on to send them the option you prefer. Small print, I admit, but it was there just under the box with the details. 

40 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

The email did have a link to click on to send them the option you prefer. Small print, I admit, but it was there just under the box with the details. 

My email didn't include the link.

Can u pls post it here, pls?

Thanks,

9 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Thanks for the form link.

Yes, saw that link in email 2 days ago.

Still thinking about whether to cancel or take the FCC, but future prices are ridiculously much higher...

8 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

I know you weren't responding to me, but just wanted to say a BIG and sincere THANK YOU for posting that link.

You are a godsend to any who've not (for unknown reasons) received the official cancellation notice from CCL.

this is from my email I received from them

View Online
60bffcb2-0550-4c34-9717-ae4801c365f8.jpg
c1d58caa-cead-43db-aea1-f71853d9cbdc.jpg
Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

During this unprecedented pause in our operations, we have continued to confer with public health, government and industry officials. On Friday, the cruise industry announced that it would voluntarily extend its pause in North America through September 15. Carnival Cruise Line is now cancelling all cruises through September 30.  We have watched with great interest as commerce, travel and personal activities have begun to start back up, and once we do resume service, we will take all necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we bring our ships to in order to maintain public confidence in our business.  Nevertheless, we apologize for disrupting your vacation plans and appreciate your patience as we work through these decisions.

As we have offered previously, we are providing two options for you, including a bonus value incentive package that has proven very popular with our guests.  We hope you will be able to rebook your vacation utilizing the incentives we have developed in recognition of your loyalty.

We have fully automated your ability to respond with your choice online, avoiding the need to call us.  We urge you to carefully review this information and follow the online process, as calling us will not expedite your request.  In addition, if you booked through a travel advisor, they are fully equipped to help you with this process and will also be able to rebook another vacation with your future cruise credit.

This letter supersedes any previous offer received.  Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on these voyages and cancelled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.

14d46aaa-b240-4915-bfac-f7303f4cafa5.jpg

Please make your selection using our online tool here  there is no need to call.

Please note that whichever option you select will apply to all guests on your reservation.

This offer is valid until May 31, 2021 for you to make a selection. If no selection is made by then, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you purchased your own flights for getting to your cruise, we encourage you to contact your airline or travel agent about your options as the airlines are also working to accommodate their passengers.

As we finalize operational changes for future cruises that are being developed in conjunction with public health experts, we will share that information and other updates related to COVID-19 on Carnival.com, and that direct link is also posted below.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and disappointment because we know how much time and effort you put into planning the perfect cruise vacation. When the time is right, our great onboard team will be waiting for you to welcome you back and to give you that great vacation that you deserve. 

Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Your health and safety are important to us whether you’re on land or on one of our ships.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

I used the link and received a confirmation email on my selection

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the form link.

Yes, saw that link in email 2 days ago.

Still thinking about whether to cancel or take the FCC, but future prices are ridiculously much higher...

That was where I was. Finally last night asked for a refund. The prices are ridiculously higher than what I can book  on rcl. Rcl will let me price protect my jan 3rd cruise, by lifting and shifting before august 1st.

Carnival is offered me no options for price protection. Got one more carnival oct 4th, so one ccl is enough since rebooking fall next year prices are sky high. Up to $150 more for the cheapest cabin. Wish I could move my carnival oct 4th to a year later and price protect. 

It was hard, I really hated to do it, but requested full refund. It just makes no sense to spend more just to get extra spending money for me as a solo.

• 2 weeks later...

Just rebooked for exactly the same cruise for Jan 2021.

Costs us almost $50 more, to go from 8th Deck balcony to 8th deck interior, but we still keep the $300 OBC for our 5 nighter.

Not great, but not too bad.  The OBC makes it palatable....