Cunard Cruise Videos

Colin_Cameron

Here is a rousing rendition from 175th Cunard celebrations on 4 July 2015 at the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral.  We had the most magical experience from the minute we boarded QM2 at the Per Head in our home town Liverpool till disembarkation in New York.  This was our first ever sailing and it was just meant to be on the QM2 from Liverpool.  Obviously not our last but nothing will ever top this wonderful crossing!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Inspired by kimcheeboy's post a couple of days ago I thought it might be an idea to have a thread with links to Cunard Cruise videos.

It might be the only way we get onboard this year.

Great idea - we can't be on our ships, but we can live vicariously. In and amongst other travel videos I have several Cunard videos. Some don't have sound tracks because they were removed and I have not had the chance to make new sound tracks. Wish we were on board again!

https://www.youtube.com/user/samuels5731

Edited by safarigal
  • Like 2

That's quite a collection Safarigal. I'm working my way through them.👍

Pear Car, Your's reminded me of this one. QE2's 40th Anniversary Round Britain cruise including the first of those legendary Liverpool Cathedral concerts. Can you imagine any other cruiseline organising something like that. And then deciding they should be free!

There's a couple of minutes of her launch at the start then the cruise starts around 2:15

• 2 weeks later...

For those wanting to do a Panama Canal transit, here's the Maiden Transit for Queen Elizabeth in 2011.  What a day that was!  But even more important for us our the glimpses of our dear departed friends Olga Moore (who taught watercolors on Cunard Ships for many years doing something like 15 World Cruises) and Elaine Reed (World Cruiser) who we miss so much.   Ultimately cruising is about the people you meet.  

• Like 2

This is one of my favorites from 2015 as it includes a very LONG queue -- a cookie --- a nap --- drinks before drinks -- sail away Fireworks  -- and the Churchill Lounge.  

• Like 3

I have been busy in the Radio Pressroom, and I put together a short video.

This is a simple video about the Sunny Promenade on QM2 from my sailing with her in Nov 2019. QM2 may have the best Promenade of any ship.

Let's take a walk. . .

Radio

• Like 5

Radio, Thanks for the wonderful video, How I miss those wonderful promenade walks and how I hope to enjoy them again next summer (fingers and toes earnestly crossed) instead of tromping as I now must through the steamy streets of Washington!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We mentioned this in the "Where In The World" thread a while back. Cunard's most northerly port of call, Magdalena Bay.

2002. Caronia to Rosyth, Trondheim, Magdalena Bay, Longyearbyen and Bergen.

https://youtu.be/ISvYd2pEn0Q

vlcsnap-2020-12-31-10h29m53s625.jpg

Edited by Colin_Cameron
add image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's beginning to look like there will be limited cruising opportunities until the Autumn and withdrawal symptoms have already kicked in. After all you can only watch so many box sets and have so many walks around the park.

So I've been into the loft and dug out my boxes of old 8mm video tapes and started the mammoth task of digitising them.

We got our first video camera in 1989 and ever since then we've recorded our cruise experiences from 8mm to 4K. During this time period without cruises we love to have a glass of wine and revisit our past cruise experiences. I realised that my videos were too long and had random music, so I've re-edited them to focus on the ship and destinations and make them more watchable – hopefully! 

I've posted a few videos on You Tube including one of our first cruises in 1990 on Cunard Princess to the Black Sea, and our most recent cruises on Queen Victoria to Spain and Portugal, and Queen Mary 2 to Norway. Our Cunard Princess cabin was bunk beds at the very front of the ship. I think the anchor was in the wardrobe, - well it sounded like it!  The cabin was the size of the walk-in wardrobe in our Queen Victoria Princess Grill cabin. 

So I hope you enjoy or at least like some of them until we can get back on board again to make new memories.

Cunard Princess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k_2QYJV8bg&t=18s

Queen Victoria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbKb6bS3XBU&t=8s

QM2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpjSOgO5jkE&t=532s

Edited by sail1658
  • Like 1