Cunard Cruise Videos

Colin_Cameron

• 1 year later...

Been meaning to post this one for a while.

Vistafjord to the Western Med 1997. A time when Cunard was down to only six ships!😄

Some eagle eyed viewers may spot a young First Officer Inger Olsen.

This one has gone from Video8, to VHS, to DVD, and then YouTube and has suffered in the process.

• Like 1

Thank you for that video @Colin_Cameron. I think it survived pretty well through all those format transitions.

I remember this Cherry problem thread from a few years ago which discussed the Baked Alaska Parade they used to have on cruise ships. Your video shows a good example of that starting at about the 49:00 mark.

3 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Some eagle eyed viewers may spot a young First Officer Inger Olsen.

I did have to endure (er, I mean savor!! 😄) almost the entire video until I spotted a candidate for the future captain of Queen Anne. Is that her making several cameo appearances assisting with the departure from Valletta beginning at 51:20 into the video?

Ah! You must have fallen asleep (er, I mean blinked!! 😄) earlier. From memory, I think she’s there leaving Tunis and maybe somewhere else as well.

Not just sparklers on the baked alaska but also candles on the tables on formal nights and at the midnight buffet!

A couple of years later I asked the captain on QE2 how long it would be before she had a female captain, specifically mentioning Inger Olsen. This caused a great commotion causing others to be called over to join the discussion. It seems that even 20+ years ago what was standing in First Officer Olsen’s way was not her sex, but her nationality.

I must have missed that thread. I don’t remember it at all.

Odd to think now that a year or so before that, Cunard had eleven ships.

6 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Ah! You must have fallen asleep (er, I mean blinked!! 😄) earlier. From memory, I think she’s there leaving Tunis and maybe somewhere else as well.

Not just sparklers on the baked alaska but also candles on the tables on formal nights and at the midnight buffet!

A couple of years later I asked the captain on QE2 how long it would be before she had a female captain, specifically mentioning Inger Olsen. This caused a great commotion causing others to be called over to join the discussion. It seems that even 20+ years ago what was standing in First Officer Olsen’s way was not her sex, but her nationality.

I must have missed that thread. I don’t remember it at all.

Odd to think now that a year or so before that, Cunard had eleven ships.

Oh my, I didn't do all that well after all! Upon further review I see she is indeed there for about six seconds starting at 17:20 for the Tunis departure. That must have been a very long blink for me!

It looks likes she's there for five seconds starting at 28:13 for the Villefranche departure. And she's there for another five seconds starting at 29:17 for the Livorno arrival as well.

• 1 year later...

I realised it's been a while since anyone posted any videos. Since the last one was Vistafjord, here's Sagafjord in 1995. Doesn't seem like over 28 years ago.

We had a trip to visit relatives in San Diego then to Disneyland but I've chopped that out. So there's a short bit (90s) of LA then off to Cabo San Lucas, Accapulco, Puerto Quetzal, through the Panama Canal, Aruba, and finishing at Fort Lauderdale.

Just came across this thread, are there any videos of Queen Mary 2 during her tandem crossing with QE2? There are some beautiful videos of the QE2 sailing, but next to nothing of the QM2. 

Here is my favourite of the QE2 from that crossing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sucramdi said:

Just came across this thread, are there any videos of Queen Mary 2 during her tandem crossing with QE2? There are some beautiful videos of the QE2 sailing, but next to nothing of the QM2. 

Here is my favourite of the QE2 from that crossing:

There are some glimpses of QM2 from this video I took of the final westbound crossing. We would wave at her every noon, and it was very moving when she overtook us at the end of the crossing to lead us into New York. So fast forward towards the end of the video to see that!

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 3:33 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

I realised it's been a while since anyone posted any videos. Since the last one was Vistafjord, here's Sagafjord in 1995. Doesn't seem like over 28 years ago.

We had a trip to visit relatives in San Diego then to Disneyland but I've chopped that out. So there's a short bit (90s) of LA then off to Cabo San Lucas, Accapulco, Puerto Quetzal, through the Panama Canal, Aruba, and finishing at Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for posting this. We really loved the Vistafjord, and I'm so sorry we never got to sail on the Sagafjord. Great video!

• Like 1

The best Cunard videos I've seen are by TipsForTravellers, the most popular YouTube channel and a Cunard fan, and EmmaCruises, which was a first-time budget cruiser who thought it would be boring and stuffy but found lots of enjoy, as she always does. 

16 hours ago, rj59 said:

The best Cunard videos I've seen are by TipsForTravellers, the most popular YouTube channel and a Cunard fan, and EmmaCruises, which was a first-time budget cruiser who thought it would be boring and stuffy but found lots of enjoy, as she always does. 

I like TipsFor Travellers and EmmaCruises - they are both very informative and I like the way they present things. Before we try a new cruise line or cruise ship, I always look for their videos. However I really love the videos made by folks on this forum - they add that great personal touch to the experience which is so easy to relate to. Thanks guys for adding them to YouTube 🙂

• Like 2

I too like the vloggers mentioned. We even cruised with Emma earlier this year. But their content is different. It’s aimed at a different audience for a start. At least different from my videos. Mine are made for me. Yes they’re on YouTube but that’s just a place to store them. They are unlisted, if you try searching you won’t find them. They won’t pop up on anyone’s suggestion list.

Most of the videos posted in this thread seem to be the same. Made for the person that made them rather than an ad revenue generating machine, and I think that makes them special.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, D&N said:

I like TravelTouristVideos.

Mainly because we're featured dancing for about 10 seconds in one of them.

The wife in those videos loves her food in those videos. I thought I recognized you dancing!

• Like 1