Lift and shift and cancelling later on

Hi 

I have a cruise for 2020 and the timeframe to cancel it and get a full refund of my deposit is coming. Yo be honest I just wanted my money back and get my returnable deposit and see what’s going to happen for 2021 and the cruise industry 

But I was reading about the option of lift and shift I booked the SY Central Park balcony sailing from FL and it was less than 700$ per person a price that I don’t even know how I got it. 

so, my question is if I do the lift and shift and book in 2021 Oct is the down payment refundable or not ?   I always book a cruise with a refundable deposit no matter how appealing the offer is. 

thanks 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

But I was reading about the option of lift and shift I booked the SY Central Park balcony sailing from FL and it was less than 700$ per person a price that I don’t even know how I got it. 

so, my question is if I do the lift and shift and book in 2021 Oct is the down payment refundable or not ?   I always book a cruise with a refundable deposit no matter how appealing the offer is. 

Yes, it stays refundable. I specifically queried that point with my TA when I was trying to decide whether or not to L&S. She pointed out to me that if you have a refundable deposit L&S is essentially about price protection. In similar fashion to you, we had an amazing rate for a BW balcony on Allure from Barcelona that I also don't know how we got, other than that there was a huge and unexpected +55 discount. To be honest, I don't even know how we got the refundable deposit as I couldn't even find that box to tick during the booking process. 😂