EU Releases Guidelines for Return to Cruising during Covid

7 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

This should be fun lol

recommended to remove coffee machines, kettles, and all mini bar products from the cabin, unless these products are offered from a dispenser or can be disinfected between occupancies. It is preferable that the above devices or mini bar products be made available upon a passenger’s request, so that their disinfection is ensured. The mini bar can be used as a refrigerator by passengers and should be disinfected after each check out.
A disposable cover should be placed on the TV and the air-conditioning remote controls to facilitate proper disinfection, unless these items can be easily and adequately cleaned and disinfected.
All types of surfaces and materials which may be touched, including textile surfaces (e.g. sofas, cushions, rugs, furniture, wallpaper) should be cleaned between occupancies.
During occupancy of a cabin by the same passenger/passengers, clothing and towels should be changed upon a passenger’s request or routinely, but it is recommended that routine changes are made less frequent than normal (e.g. avoid changing of towels twice daily).

Basically what hotels in resorts are doing now. We stayed in an [expensive] room a couple of weeks ago. Stripped down of almost everything that needed to be cleaned between occupants,,, surprised that there is even toilet paper left. No housekeeping, they will just clean the room after you leave. 

Disney World doing similar...

your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed

You can also decline every-other-day service.

Make your own beds, folk!  🙂  We've usually declined hotel service in the past so not a big deal for us.

The guidelines include lots of the things I mentioned in my numerous posts for the last three months in which many posters poo-pooed for being overly negative. Tbh most the things I have written have turned out to be true. That's because I was a Business Analyst in my professional life and one of the things I did was to make recommendations for process improvements based on analyzing the DATA  AND FACTS and presenting a plan of action. 

Posted on the Celebrity boards about the EU Document:

I believe the document’s purpose has been mis-represented in the various news stories it has been referred to.  Here is a copy of a footnote on the cover page of the document:

The EU HEALTHY GATEWAYS Joint Action has received funding from the European Union, in the framework of the Third Health Programme (2014-2020). The content of this document represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and/or the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains. 

Fake News? 🍷

54 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Posted on the Celebrity boards about the EU Document:

I believe the document’s purpose has been mis-represented in the various news stories it has been referred to.  Here is a copy of a footnote on the cover page of the document:

The EU HEALTHY GATEWAYS Joint Action has received funding from the European Union, in the framework of the Third Health Programme (2014-2020). The content of this document represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and/or the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains. 

Fake News? 🍷

It is not fake news , it state it interim advice 😉, but probablly pretty close to what the EU will want 

“Interim advice for restarting cruise ship operations after lifting restrictive measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic”

On 7/2/2020 at 7:05 AM, soloadventurer said:

Oh brilliant 

”Activities and services on board cruise ships could be organized according to age group, so that older individuals are separated from other age groups.”

Yip older ladies separated from their toyboys 😂😂

My wife will be upset about this!  She’s always referred to me as her boytoy 😂image.png.ffbff002a9d9308ca206eb9aa0ec4f81.png

• Haha 1