Questions regarding dining reservations

misha1

Good morning and Happy 4th of July fellow Cruise Critic peeps.  The questions I am asking have been discussed on these boards before, I am sure, but I find the search mechanism not very helpful.  If you would indulge me with answers, I would so appreciate it.

1.  How many days  before the sailing can one reserve MDR and specialty restaurants? (I am 7 months out and tried today but was not successful)

2.  If I want to choose  a wine package for the stateroom, can I choose the wines?  How far in advance will this be allowed?

3.  Does the Magic Carpet serve as a restaurant at anytime or just small bites and extensions to other venues?

4.  DH and I are in a suite, but the other 4 people joining us on our sailing are not.  I want them to join us for a meal in Laminae.  I know this is based on availability and has a per person fee associated with it.  I hate to offer this to my guests and not have it happen. Do we take our chances and pick a day/meal while on board?  Can the butler offer assistance with this?

5.  For those who have been on Edge (we are sailing Apex for reference), are there stairs to navigate in the theatre or have they made it more accessible for folks who need to use walkers/scooter to go to the front?

Thanks in advance.....Julie

• Like 1

I can only answer (or try) a couple - I have been on Edge but in a lowly single stateroom as I would rather cruise more often than pay for a suite I would only be in for sleeping.

1. I have my MDRs and specialty restaurant already booked for Feb 2021 and July 2021. I’m guessing your being in a suite is why you cannot reserve MDRs since your assigned dining room is Luminae. Not sure why specialty ones are not showing up.

2. No clue - I do the beverage package and just get wine when I feel like it.

3. There is usually one night when they have Dinner on the Edge - but it is limited and you can only book it on board. I did not see it being used for dining at any other time.

4. No clue. When I have heard of others being able to join it was like 2. Not sure if 4 at once would even be allowed. But that is just based on what I see here.

5. I didn’t notice. But the views are good from anywhere - and honestly with their shows I think better from the rear where you can take in the whole stage area. They’re designed more large-scale with the screens behind being an integral part. 

• Thanks 1

Luminae is anytime dining so there are no reservations needed.  
The Apex & Edge  have more suites than the other ships & while Luminae larger It does get crowded,  Unless you are in a high-end suite (Royal Suites or above) My suggestion would be to visit the Retreat Concierge and ask them to assist with arranging a date & time for your friends to join you in Luminae.

Dinner on the Magic Carpet sells out quickly and to my knowledge is available to book until you are on the ship.

Sorry, I can’t help with the wine package.

• Thanks 1