Latest UK Foreign and Commonwealth(FCO) advice

govanguy

9 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Before now this only applied to those over 70:& with underlying health conditions, now applies to everyone.

There was a research proving that its a fake about virus hitting only elderly people. My Uncle was carrying COVID without a single symptom and he is 70. I doubt that you will believe me but if you read the internet and look closer at the statistics you will notice that about 50% of the new cases are young people under 30 years of age 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

There was a research proving that its a fake about virus hitting only elderly people. My Uncle was carrying COVID without a single symptom and he is 70. I doubt that you will believe me but if you read the internet and look closer at the statistics you will notice that about 50% of the new cases are young people under 30 years of age 

I would say that is probably because the elderly heeded Government advice whilst th young flouted it. That was certainly very evident in the news coverage 

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:
  • Like 5

I think you’re right that older people are being much more careful. However what is clear is that the mortality rate of those who get COVID-19 goes up with age from 60+. This may well be because those over 60 often have other underlying health problems too.

285430D3-FEB2-481B-A2B7-D49744373E36.thumb.png.cb1f751c53a8f3ef7d32371f410cc7e8.png

On 7/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Before now this only applied to those over 70:& with underlying health conditions, now applies to everyone.

This should mean that you can cancel and claim from your Travel Insurance Company, providing that you bought your Insurance before 18th March ,when WHO declared the pandemic.

We did this, as I cancelled our Celebrity cruise and was told by Celebrity that the cruise was NRD, as all cruises are if booked in UK.

Although we are both over 70, I also used the letter that I had from my doctor, advising me to Social Shield as evidence for the claim.

The Insurance company refunded our deposit, less £10.p.p excess.

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

This should mean that you can cancel and claim from your Travel Insurance Company, providing that you bought your Insurance before 18th March ,when WHO declared the pandemic.

We did this, as I cancelled our Celebrity cruise and was told by Celebrity that the cruise was NRD, as all cruises are if booked in UK.

Although we are both over 70, I also used the letter that I had from my doctor, advising me to Social Shield as evidence for the claim.

The Insurance company refunded our deposit, less £10.p.p excess.

I’ve talked to my insurance company and I can only claim if the advice is in place a month or less before the date of the cruise. I’m happy to have my deposit moved to my next years booked cruise and to take a credit from BA for my flight back from Dubai, but hope to be able to claim my EasyJet flight costs back from the insurance.