Latest UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice

govanguy

so almost as effective as Boris saying "pubs are open but dont gather in crowds" - "you can go the beach but observe social distancing" --- Farcical and pointless "Advice" again -

We seem to have a govt who wants to look like they say the right things but doesnt want to offend anyone by actually enforcing anything..

1 hour ago, ighten said:

so almost as effective as Boris saying "pubs are open but dont gather in crowds" - "you can go the beach but observe social distancing" --- Farcical and pointless "Advice" again -

We seem to have a govt who wants to look like they say the right things but doesnt want to offend anyone by actually enforcing anything..

It's up to each individual to decide on the advice given. Just bear in mind, if you ignore the advice your travel insurance will be voided.

The advice isn't farcical or pointless. It is factual...you may die .You are risking the lives of others. You will pass Covid on if you gather in crowds or decide not to social distance.

Your choice...be it on the conscience of anyone who disobeys,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ighten said:

Not farcical at all....just apply basic common sense! If it’s too crowded just walk away. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, govanguy said:

. Just bear in mind, if you ignore the advice your travel insurance will be voided

On the other hand, this now enables you to claim on your Travel Insurance, if you don’t wish to sail, provided you booked before 18th March when WHO declared the pandemic.

After spending over three months at home I have been amazed by the very responsible behaviour I have seen on my two recent car trips out...Most people are genuinely concerned about the ongoing situation and are taking appropriate actions to keep themselves and others safe.

12 hours ago, Cat4158 said:

Not farcical at all....just apply basic common sense! If it’s too crowded just walk away. 

Agree! There will always be a few who either do not take the situation seriously or feel that rules and regulations are for others but not for them but as Cat4158 says, if you do go somewhere and it is crowded don’t stop.

After finding out the high level of covid safety our favourite touring caravan site has had to provide to open again I clearly understand why they are advising against cruising at present, just too many shared spaces...

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

After spending over three months at home I have been amazed by the very responsible behaviour I have seen on my two recent car trips out...Most people are genuinely concerned about the ongoing situation and are taking appropriate actions to keep themselves and others safe.

I’m in the US, not the UK, but in my city a mask ordinance was recently passed and it was as if someone flipped a switch - we went from at best 25% masks to 75-80%. How long it lasts is anyone’s guess, but that should slow spread from July 4

Think many of  you have missed the point - the point of wearing one is not farcical - its the point its once again only advice and in the UK is mainly being ignored.. (especially in overcrowded  pubs  and shops )

Its gets even more bizarre today where we have a PM who after opening pubs and restaurants (and then visiting them all with various ministers serving food to customers) with no   masks in sight  - is now dithering about wether we should "strengthen the advice" for shops only (but not the overcrowded pubs)... You cant make it up. Its almost like the lobbyists have now taken over from the scientists. There seems to be utter reluctance here to pass anything as mandatory for fear of offending anyone and then when it does get passed its after the event and the horse has already bolted.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, govanguy said:

The Canadian advisory against cruise ship travel has been in effect since March 2020 with no immediate end in sight. 🌻

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#cruise

Actually, advisories against all non-essential travel outside of Canada, remain in effect - despite borders (e.g., EU) opening up to us.

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1