Transfer Cabin and Cruise to a Third Party?

QShip

We have a Hurtigruten cruise planned for late Sept.  We are concerned that we will not be allowed to travel from the US due to Norway travel restrictions.  Hurtigruten has not yet informed us of any change in the status of the cruise,  so we presume it will depart as scheduled.

I sent Hurtigruten an email asking about the status of the cruise and about transferring our cruise to a third party.  I received no response.

So...

1.  When can we expect Hurtigruden to advise us on the status of our cruise?  If we want to change our cruise date to 2021 what is the latest date we can do so?

2.  If we decide we can no longer take the cruise at all can we transfer it to a family member or other third party?  If so, how is it done?

3.  Is there any chance of a refund, or will we be limited to changing departure date?

I would email and see if you can rebook for next year if that’s a possibility for you. It sounds like they may not take US tourists by September any way, in that case you could possibly get a refund.

Not sailing all days in September -  assuming Coastal voyage  - which date?
also sailing with reduced capacity.

You can rebook at no costs for sailings until September 30. You can request rebooking at the web - Link to Norwegian web

In general email booking@hurtigruten.com does answer within few days. 

I've read (here?) that they're only doing Hamburg to Norway with no port stops currently and can't imagine that's going to change.  I agree to contact them again, maybe copying their CEO.

8 minutes ago, clo said:

I've read (here?) that they're only doing Hamburg to Norway with no port stops

They have also resumed the Coastal Voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes with reduced Capacity - currently 5 ships. They will increase capacity during August and September.

From July 17 they will offer cruises from Tromsø to Svalbard or Longyearbyen.

Regarding the current operation from Hamburg with no port stops they might introduce port stops once Norway travel restrictions will allow other nationalities than Denmark and Iceland to visit Norway from July 15.

However situation might change and new restrictions enforced.

2 minutes ago, hallasm said:

They have also resumed the Coastal Voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes with reduced Capacity - currently 5 ships. They will increase capacity during August and September.

From July 17 they will offer cruises from Tromsø to Svalbard or Longyearbyen.

Regarding the current operation from Hamburg with no port stops they might introduce port stops once Norway travel restrictions will allow other nationalities than Denmark and Iceland to visit Norway from July 15.

However situation might change and new restrictions enforced.

We had a trip planned for March that started with the NB, then some Norway, then Paris. Hopefully late 2021 or 2022. I assume the Lofoten is still being or is retired. We had hope to have her again.

14 minutes ago, clo said:

We had a trip planned for March that started with the NB,

MS Lofoten has her last planned Coastal Voyage December 22 from Bergen to Kirkenes - do not know where she is heading to from Kirkenes December 28 - for sure not more coastal voyages  - but she will not be retired.

14 minutes ago, QShip said:

Our departure is scheduled for Sept. 29 on Kong Harald.

Sailing as planned.

14 minutes ago, QShip said:

Has anyone tried to transfer cabin/cruise to a third party?

You need to contact Hurtigruten by email: booking@hurtigruten.com

From Booking terms & Conditions:

5. CHANGES OF NAME/CUSTOMER IN AN ORDER

If you wish to change your booking after we have confirmed it, we do  our  best  to  honor  your  request. 

We  ask  for  your  understanding  when  it  is  not  possible.  Applications  for  changes  should  be  sent  in  writing to Hurtigruten AS or by e-mail to: booking@hurtigruten.com.

The customer has the right to transfer the booking to another per-son who fulfills all the terms and conditions in the agreement,  if he/she  cannot  participate  him/herself.  The  person  that  transfers  the  booking and the person to whom it is transferred share the respon-sibility for the remaining charges and fees and additional costs that occur because of the change.

Applications  for  changes  can  be  submitted  (even  after  the  confirmation/invoice has been received) with the addition of an administration fee per person per change. Extra costs that occur as a consequence of the change are to be paid by the customer.

Changes made more than 35 days prior to departure: NOK 300 plus the extra costs that Hurtigruten incurs by changing your booking.

Changes made less than 35 days prior to departure: Cancellation fee (10%) and administration fee, NOK 300.

It is not possible to change a booking based on a special offer.

hallasm

Thanks for your reply, I have sent a specific message to 'booking'.

Due to the pandemic mess I expect they have changed some of their procedures and permissions.  Will post their reply.

Here is the essence of the email I sent to Booking@Hurtigruden.com on Saturday.  Their response was from Port2port@Hurtigruten.com.  I am very impressed with the speed of the response.  I was apparently wrong on the timeline to request a voucher,  will need to make up our mind by the end of the month.  Will see what Norway does on July 15, but am not optimistic based upon the abysmal response to the virus in the US.

1.  When can we expect to get notice from Hurtigruden as to whether or not the cruise will actually depart or be cancelled?
2.  We will be coming from the US and cannot quarantine for 14 days.  What plans does Hurtigruden have for those of us who are not allowed to enter Norway, if that occurs? Will we be able to cancel and receive a refund?
3.  We understand we can rebook as long as we request a voucher not later than 48 hours before scheduled departure.  Is there a time limit on when the actual rebooking must be made?
4.  If we are not able to travel are we allowed to transfer our cruise/cabin to a family member or other third party?

Response:
Thanks for your message.

The MS Kong Harald will start its operation from the 16th of August 2020.

You will find our latest updates regarding sailings by following this link :  https://global.hurtigruten.com/practical-information/coronavirus-update/norwegian-coast/.

At the moment, it is possible to apply for the rebooking program online. This offer allows you to rebook to a new dates with us up to the 31st of December 2021.

Please note that you do need to apply to this program the 31st of July 2020 latest.

As mentioned on the rebooking offer, you don't need to know your new travelling dates yet.

It is possible to change the passengers travelling on your booking but the paying customer won't be changed.

Please note that the booking reference that you indicate on your email is not correct.

If there are any other questions, please don't hesitate in sending us a mail, so we can help you as soon as possible.  

Best regards,
Jeremy Lefranc
Reisekonsulent
Nordisk marked
Hurtigruten: +47 810 30 000

new-site_hrg_logo_desktop.png

Since my last post I received two more responses from Hurtigruden.  The prior reply appears to be a general response, the last two directly address my original questions:

1. (7-15-20)

Hi Mike,
We are sorry for late answer, but unfortunately we have to follow what the government say and at this moment you are not allowed to enter Norway. That can ofcourse change, but we don't have anymore information about that.
What I recommend you is to fill out a form on our website if you want to refund or rebook this for a future voyage. 
Here you have the link: https://www.hurtigruten.com/practical-information/coronavirus-update/
If you want refund and the borders between USA and Norway is closed, you will have the full amount back.
If the borders is open, you will not get the refund and you have to follow the terms and conditions.
If you want rebook, you will have 10% discount on your new voyage and 25% cruisecredit.
Remember that your future voyage have to be before 31th of December 2021 and you have to fill out the form on our website before 30th of July 2020.
When you have decided your new voyage, I recommend you to call us since we have a lot of requests by e-mail.
Hope you got all your answer and do not hesitate to contact us directly by phone if you have any questions.  

Have a nice day. 

2. (7-16-20)

Good afternoon!
I am very sorry for late reply.
If you decide to change you reservation for later departure, sure, you can wait with new date as much as you need. There is no hurry.
Unfortunately voucher is not transferable for third party, but another person can take over the booking before we make rebooking

(BTW, we have decided accepting a voucher is the better course for us.  See you all sometime next year!)

Edited by QShip
message not finished