Carnival just called regarding our Radiance/Breeze 11/21/20 sailing

Hey everyone!

We are booked in an aft view extended balcony handicap accessible room for our Thanksgiving sailing on

the Radiance - which is now supposed to be the Breeze.

I just received a phone call from Carnival (by the way it showed up as telemarketer - Miami on my cell phone)

asking me some questions about the accessibility needs of my husband.  

Basically she is wanting to put us in a balcony room and put in a removable handicap shower seat along with

some other things she said would be comparable to the original accessible cabin we had.  

She however could not tell me if we would still be getting a comparable aft view extended balcony cabin like we had

originally booked and I'm certain paid more for than a standard balcony.  I told her that I expected an aft view extended balcony

cabin on the Breeze similar to the one I had booked on the Radiance.   She told me that she is in the disability section but is

going to call and see what cabins would be available as we have an interior cabin for our kids booked and our cabins

will need to be located in close proximity.

Since the Breeze is a larger ship than the Radiance, I'm not sure why they are having such a hard time doing these changes.

I'm sure they are doing their best, but I'm almost to the point that I wish they had just cancelled the Radiance and left those

who were already booked on the Breeze alone and let them enjoy their cruise.  This way we could have gone ahead and

booked something else and not had to wait to see what was going to be done.

My main thing is I don't want to pay my final payment and Carnival cancel the cruise after all this changing and it take me

3 or 4 months to get my money back like it is taking so many others.  I just hope they cancel it before final payment if they

are going to have to cancel it.

Sorry - just venting.  I'm sure they are doing their best - it's just frustrating for everyone.  

I did want to let everyone know that is still in limbo that they are working on making the changes.

I'll update as soon as she calls me back.

• Like 1

Thanks for your update.  I too have questions about the reassignment process.  We were booked in a quad aft extended balcony on the Radiance, same sailing as you, with our 5 & 7 year old.  There are no quad aft balconies on the Breeze.  I completely agree that we paid more than a standard balcony and that isn't comparable.  I'm happy to sail in a standard balcony, but would like standard balcony pricing, not aft extended balcony pricing. My TA has no idea where we will be assigned but will call and work for us, if needed, once a cabin is finally assigned.

It would be easy for a company to move cruises around and jockey ships around like Carnival has done in this case, in order to force people to rebook on cruises that will cost them more money.  I hope that is not what Carnival is trying to do here.

OK - she did call me back as she said she would.  Super nice lady.  I know none of this

is her fault she is only trying to do her job.  With that said, it is frustrating because you

would think that this process wouldn't be that hard.  Like I said - I wish they would have just

cancelled our Radiance and let those who were already booked on the Breeze keep their

sailings.

She did find us an aft view extended balcony but it is not a handicap accessible room.  They

will put the shower seat in if my husband ends up needing it so that is good.  We were moved up to

deck 9 from our original deck 7 on the Radiance.  The downfall to all this is there were no more cabins

for 5 anywhere near our newly assigned cabin on deck 9.  So, my kids are now going to be on deck 1

which sucks but it is what it is. Don't panic - when I say kids - they are 26, 23, 17, 15 and 7 so they 

will be fine.  Actually the 7 year old will be staying in the balcony room with us anyway so it will all

work out ok.

In order to find them a room, she had to bump them up from a interior to an oceanview

which is great but it didn't really matter to the kids.  They had just as soon
have an interior room.  Her only other option was for us to have a total of 3 rooms, 2 triples and

2 double and the price would have gone up $700 which I immediately said no to.

As I said before, I doubt all this matters anyway.  I truly don't think we will be sailing in November 

anyway.....

If you were scheduled on the Radiance and now the Breeze - hang in there.  They are working on 

it for you.

Have you actually seen these shower chairs? I have and can tell you they are very little. Idk the size of your husband but this could be a issue. We used to order one every cruise and then had to ask the cabin steward to get it most of the time. I would guess it's about 18 inches tall, and not a big seat. Light weight plastic. My sister would sit on it and I had to use the handheld shower head to help her clean up in the shower. 

Unless they have changed them out, keep your expectations very low.

Dont expect something chair sized, more small stool sized. 

Edited by firefly333

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Have you actually seen these shower chairs? I have and can tell you they are very little. Idk the size of your husband but this could be a issue. We used to order one every cruise and then had to ask the cabin steward to get it most of the time. I would guess it's about 18 inches tall, and not a big seat. Light weight plastic. My sister would sit on it and I had to use the handheld shower head to help her clean up in the shower. 

Unless they have changed them out, keep your expectations very low.

Dont expect something chair sized, more small stool sized. 

What if you brought in a chair from the balcony for the shower and then took it out when you are done?

2 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

What if you brought in a chair from the balcony for the shower and then took it out when you are done?

Depending as on what kind of chairs you get. A lounging chair maybe no lol

We managed with the shower chair many times. I just helped her in the shower, just saying it's not a regular sized chair, it's a little plastic stool to sit on. Worked for us. But my sister might be smaller than your husband

On 7/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

Hey everyone!

We are booked in an aft view extended balcony handicap accessible room for our Thanksgiving sailing on

the Radiance - which is now supposed to be the Breeze.

I just received a phone call from Carnival (by the way it showed up as telemarketer - Miami on my cell phone)

asking me some questions about the accessibility needs of my husband.  

Basically she is wanting to put us in a balcony room and put in a removable handicap shower seat along with

some other things she said would be comparable to the original accessible cabin we had.  

She however could not tell me if we would still be getting a comparable aft view extended balcony cabin like we had

originally booked and I'm certain paid more for than a standard balcony.  I told her that I expected an aft view extended balcony

cabin on the Breeze similar to the one I had booked on the Radiance.   She told me that she is in the disability section but is

going to call and see what cabins would be available as we have an interior cabin for our kids booked and our cabins

will need to be located in close proximity.

Since the Breeze is a larger ship than the Radiance, I'm not sure why they are having such a hard time doing these changes.

I'm sure they are doing their best, but I'm almost to the point that I wish they had just cancelled the Radiance and left those

who were already booked on the Breeze alone and let them enjoy their cruise.  This way we could have gone ahead and

booked something else and not had to wait to see what was going to be done.

My main thing is I don't want to pay my final payment and Carnival cancel the cruise after all this changing and it take me

3 or 4 months to get my money back like it is taking so many others.  I just hope they cancel it before final payment if they

are going to have to cancel it.

Sorry - just venting.  I'm sure they are doing their best - it's just frustrating for everyone.  

I did want to let everyone know that is still in limbo that they are working on making the changes.

I'll update as soon as she calls me back.

Interesting. We are booked on the Ecstasy, out of Jacksonville for October 19. I'm anxiously waiting to see if it goes out. Maybe they are trying to adjust cabins for social distancing?🤔

We are on this same cruise date and I put in a request today to Cruise Critic Admin to delete all the old/prior to the Radiance to the Breeze reassignment roll call lists.  Having the prior reassignment Breeze cruisers with the newly reassigned Radiance cruisers would be confusing.  .  Don