Edge sky suite questions

George C

I am looking at a April cruise on edge for April price seems good 2600 including 4 perks. I really want to try the retreat . I done several recent cruises on infinity and summit all in suites, I have heard luminae has issues with service and waiting for a table? Have always loved it on previous cruises,  how does Luminae on edge compare with the other ships . Thanks , also elite if that matters. 

We are Elite Plus.  We have never experienced any special or better service in Luminae, at any restaurants or bars due  to our status and don’t really expect it

When at a bar we never flaunt our silver card and just sit there patiently waiting our turn and then give the BT our card when they take our order.

We sailed on the Edge but not is a suite because we couldn’t justify the extra cost over AQ.   We enjoyed. AQ with the infinite balcony and a smaller dining area. We had a tour that took us into Luminae.  The area is very large and not as intimate as on the S or M class.   The Edge class has more suites and they need the larger dining room to accommodate everyone.  

Friends that we met while sailing  on X had a SS on the Edge doing a B2B and because of a decent price they sailed in a veranda with the IV for a 3rd week just because they could.   They loved the IV said they enjoyed the 4 dining areas more than Luminae.  They are also Elite Plus if that makes a difference 🙄.   They have booked more cruises on the Edge class in a IV as they feel it is a better experience and a lot cheaper.  As reference they  normally cruise in suites and have sailed Azamara, Silver Seas,  Crystal and etc.   The cost for them isn’t really a issue but they didn’t feel the suite experience on the Edge class was worth the extra premium cost. 

hope it helps

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will love the sky suite on the Edge.  The suite deck is a wonderful perk!  IMO so worth it!  Luminae is really so much better than dining in multiple restaurants, unless you dine in SP restaurants daily.    And of course the suite lounge is great also.  The suite has so much more storage and room then the IV which is really an oceanview cabin- and when we saw our friends, and the cabin is claustrophobic.  We had good service in Lumanie as good as on any other celebrity ship.  

As a suite guest, you can try one or more of the main dining rooms on the edge should you desire.

Enjoy your cruise!  Hopefully we all will soon.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I sailed on Edge in a SS in February, 2019 and loved the suite. Most, but not all, SS's have the bed facing the balcony with the head of the bed at the bathroom wall.  In the bathroom there is a mirror over the sink which opens and you can see the ocean from the bathroom.  I liked the Retreat Lounge a lot better than Michael"s Club.  It is a large space with windows on both sides of the ship.  It's a much lighter and brighter space.  I enjoyed reading in there during the daytime.  I also loved the decor in Luminae; there are very interesting chandeliers.  We never waited to get in, and the service was excellent. I did not spend time in the pool area because there is not much shade, but it is a beautiful area if you like the sun. I don't go to the pool on any ship because I try to stay out of the sun. There was quite a bit of shade near the regular pool, and I did enjoy that at times.  I guess you can tell I am a fan of the Edge ☺️ I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Carolyn

• Like 2

Thanks for the updates we love celebrity suite perks on other ships and are really looking forward to the edge , we did book this cruise for April , I am love the sun and really looking forward to outdoor retreat area my better half will have her spf50. Was a little concerned on indoor retreat since we just loved micheals. Really thought we got a good deal with the 4 perks . Hopefully we will like the entertainment but can’t compare to our February cruise on infinity which was a charter with America, Jefferson starship, Todd rundgren Rita Coolidge and many others. 

We have been on 37 Celebrity cruises and my husband said the Edge Luminae is the best restaurant of any cruise he’s been on.   The retreat deck is wonderful too with a pool and a bar.  Also can have a lite lunch out there.  

• Like 2

Six of us did the first TA on Edge over to Europe.  We had an S1 corner aft suite and loved it.  Our friends had IV's and both couples now prefer original balconies.  The food in Luminae was superior on Edge, as was our butler and our experiences.  It is wonderful to be able to request special meals ahead of time; one night we had Chateaubraind and it was fabulous!  Our big issue was that our dog became very ill, but Celebrity was willing and ready to help if we needed to return home quickly.  if not for the rollercoaster of ups and downs with her health, the cruise would have been perfect, as the ports were great!

You can try specialty restaurants onboard, but there is an extra cost when in a lower level suite.  I believe RS and above allow free specialty restaurant services, along with more perks.  The six of us did the Rooftop Garden and the Steakhouse; both were excellent!  

Edited by Lastdance

9 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Six of us did the first TA on Edge over to Europe.  We had an S1 corner aft suite and loved it.  Our friends had IV's and both couples now prefer original balconies.  The food in Luminae was superior on Edge, as was our butler and our experiences.  It is wonderful to be able to request special meals ahead of time; one night we had Chateaubraind and it was fabulous!  Our big issue was that our dog became very ill, but Celebrity was willing and ready to help if we needed to return home quickly.  if not for the rollercoaster of ups and downs with her health, the cruise would have been perfect, as the ports were great!

You can try specialty restaurants onboard, but there is an extra cost when in a lower level suite.  I believe RS and above allow free specialty restaurant services, along with more perks.  The six of us did the Rooftop Garden and the Steakhouse; both were excellent!  

My DH and I love the silhouette and reflection because of the lawn grill, by far our favorite celebrity restaurant.  However when we sailed on the edge, we expected that the rooftop garden would be the same.  Unfortunately it wasn't and we left.  It was hot, windy and sunny- no protection from the outside- what a disappointment.  Hopefully they will provide protection from the outdoors and consider ac.

12 hours ago, Lastdance said:

You are correct on RS we had that on our February cruise on infinity, even though all specialty restaurants was included we had most of our meals in Luminae. Will most likely do one specialty restaurant since we have onboard credit as a perk. Again thanks everyone for all the great info. 

We sailed on the Edge in a Sky Suite this past February. Here are my observations:

1. Take the second level or better cabin so your bed faces the ocean. As mentioned in a earlier post, your bathroom mirror also slides apart for a pretty cool view while in the bathroom. 

2. Luminae on our specific cruise was absolutely fantastic. Service equaled the best I've had on Silversea, Oceania and Regent. Food was easily equal or better than SIlversea and Regent (both who serve outstanding meals) and a spirited debate ensues when comparing to Oceania. All in all-great.

3. Retreat is a wonderful escape from a crowded ship. Our sailing was full and there were plenty of lounge chairs for everyone in Retreat class. This is nothing like I've ever experienced on a ship where you have to be up at the crack of dawn to get a lounge chair. Bar and food service is also outstanding on the Retreat pool deck. 

4. Retreat Lounge somewhat reminds me of a concierge lounge at a Ritz Carlton. Snacks, good wines, champagne and liquors along with a pretty "basic" continental breakfast. This lounge is a great place to get questions answered without waiting in some long line. 

The best analogy I can give regarding Retreat Class on the Edge is comparing the suburbs to the city. In the suburbs, it's usually quieter and less crowded. When you want to see a play, sporting event, etc, all you do is drive to the city. On the Edge, you simply get in the elevator to see or participate in all the ship has to offer. 

This recent cruise has caused me to rethink sailing the premium lines I've come to enjoy. Celebrity's Retreat product is a strong contender to other more expensive cruise lines. 

As enthused as I was with this cruise, I just don't know when I'll sail again. I totally get (and comply) with masks and other social distancing guidelines but do not see cruising desirable having to continue in this fashion. Still hoping.................

• Like 1

@molemaui, I didn’t want to suck up space quoting your wonderful post. I have my first Edge cruise booked on the TA in Oct. 2021. Thank  you for all the info on The Retreat, etc. I am in an S3 as I am a solo cruiser, so paying double, I book the least expensive suite. I have sailed on several S class ships since Luminae and Michael’s Club/The Retreat, were invented. When not in a suite, I book Aqua. I have no interest in the Infinite veranda cabins and decided the only way I would sail on Edge was in a suite. Booked my TA cruise early and got a great rate. I couldn’t fathom spending so many days at sea without The Retreat Lounge and Luminae. If you have any other info to share, I am a sponge.

While I understand you are solo and want the suite perks which are excellent, if you can upgrade to an S2 IMO so much better.  The S3's have a partially obstructed view from the magic carpet and its side railings. also if it is being used as a restaurant/bar can be noisy. 

However, if that is what you budget allows, so much better then a non suite cabin.  Worth it

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

While I understand you are solo and want the suite perks which are excellent, if you can upgrade to an S2 IMO so much better.  The S3's have a partially obstructed view from the magic carpet and its side railings. also if it is being used as a restaurant/bar can be noisy. 

However, if that is what you budget allows, so much better then a non suite cabin.  Worth it

I have read several posts about the pros and cons of an S3. If I was on a port intensive cruise, I would consider an S2.  With all the seas days on a Transatlantic, the view of the Atlantic isn’t going to change much. I booked one on deck 9 which is mid way between 5 & 14, where the Magic Carpet spends most of its time. It is my understanding, that when sailing, it lives on 14.  I have read comments about the noise when it is used as a bar or restaurant.  All of  those seem to have come from folks in cabins located just below decK 14  or above 5.

The plus to me is the larger balcony. I spend a lot of time on my balcony, so the bigger, the better. I know some complain that there is no privacy on the two end S3’s  because of the window. For me that is not an issue as I don’t do anything there that might be “compromising.”