Attn: NCL Experts - Best Spa Thermal Suites

This question assumes that in 2 years, everything will be back to normal so bear with me.  We will be booking a cruise for Oct 2022 and want the thermal suite experience with a Spa stateroom.  We are new to NCL (have only sailed the PoA back in Feb before everything changed).  Had only sailed Carnival before that and we fell in love with the NCL experience (even on that older ship).  So I understand the Bliss and Escape have great Thermal Suites but, just to open up our options, can any long-time NCL cruisers give me their list of best thermal suites?  The NCL site mentions many of the ships have them but looking for the best ones.

Also, any tidbits of info as to why they're on your list would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Royce & Steph

I use the thermal suite on every cruise where it is available. I have a cruise booked for this December on the Escape and am booked into a Club Balcony Spa Suite (formerly called mini-suites). These suites are forward on the ship and are relatively close to the spa. This will be my first sailing in one of the spa suites. My other sailings were for balcony and mini-suite cabins midship. The only concern I have for this sailing is that the suite is on deck 15 and the main pool deck is deck 16. I am rarely in my cabin during the day so noise shouldn't be a problem. Just something to keep in mind.

Edited by GeminiBrian
Clarity

13 minutes ago, GeminiBrian said:

I use the thermal suite on every cruise where it is available. I have a cruise booked for this December on the Escape and am booked into a Club Balcony Spa Suite (formerly called mini-suites). These suites are forward on the ship and are relatively close to the spa. This will be my first sailing in one of the spa suites. My other sailings were for balcony and mini-suite cabins midship. The only concern I have for this sailing is that the suite is on deck 15 and the main pool deck is deck 16. I am rarely in my cabin during the day so noise shouldn't be a problem. Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the reply...to clarify, I'm looking for ratings and info on the actual Thermal Suites (not just the staterooms, though any info on that is appreciated as well).

Thanks!

Oh. I apologize for misinterpreting. The thermal suite is awesome, especially on the Escape. My rankings of thermal suites would be: 1) Escape, 2) Bliss, 3) Getaway, 4) Epic, 5) Breakaway.

The hydrotherapy pool offers some great relaxing features. There is also a steam room, salt room, ice room, sauna, and solarium (wet heat sauna). People are, for the most part, respectful of the quiet atmosphere. Occasionally, the conversations of people in the hot tub or hydrotherapy pool can carry to the heated ceramic S-curve chairs. Those heated seats are incredibly relaxing. There is also an area with chaise lounges where people often read books or just enjoy the view.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeminiBrian said:

Oh. I apologize for misinterpreting. The thermal suite is awesome, especially on the Escape. My rankings of thermal suites would be: 1) Escape, 2) Bliss, 3) Getaway, 4) Epic, 5) Breakaway.

The hydrotherapy pool offers some great relaxing features. There is also a steam room, salt room, ice room, sauna, and solarium (wet heat sauna). People are, for the most part, respectful of the quiet atmosphere. Occasionally, the conversations of people in the hot tub or hydrotherapy pool can carry to the heated ceramic S-curve chairs. Those heated seats are incredibly relaxing. There is also an area with chaise lounges where people often read books or just enjoy the view.

Awesome, thanks much!  That's about what I assumed based on age of the ships and was definitely curious about the Epic since it seems to be sort of different from any other ship.

The Epic is certainly a unique class. I have seen posts from others that the thermal suite on the Epic is their favorite. My last sailing on the Epic was in 2016 so my memory might be faded somewhat or the impression surpassed by my more recent sailings on the Escape.

Personally, my favorite ships are the Escape and the Epic and I enjoyed the thermal suite on both ships.

• Thanks 1

IMO the Escape has the best thermal suite with sweeping views at the front of the ship and several saunas that over look the ocean.  Lots of loungers (pre-covid).  Always clean and well attended by the crew who replenish towels and dry the wet floor often.

• Thanks 1

The best Thermal Suite in the fleet is in the Epic. It does not have the Snow Room (that no one uses) and the Salt Room on the newer ships. 

If you are looking for the most features, then sail on the Escape. 

I have another thread going right now that featured Thermal Suites the other night  

The Epic was the first mega Thermal Suite. Located aft with a outdoor sun deck, coed and unisex saunas and steam rooms, large relaxation rooms, and coed saunas with large windows looking out at the sea. 

Breakaway and Getaway came next, installed over the bridge provided partial forward views. They introduced the salt baths. But the saunas moved to the interior. 

The Escape kept the forward position right over the bridge. Beautiful 270 degree views with loungers and heated stone loungers wrapping around the bow. Saunas were back with beautiful ocean views. And the Snow Room was introduced. 

Bliss and Encore, the Thermal suites were moved aft to make room for the Observation and Horizon lounges. Both are smaller due to their location. 

And the Joy, built for the Chinese market where Thermal Suites are not desired, the thermal suite was not installed.

2145513588_NCLBattleoftheBigShips.thumb.jpg.2b575a7ed3b0759d13695c540893898b.jpg

• Thanks 1

We are partial to the Bliss thermal spa. We had the pass for 15 days and using the stone heated loungers while sailing right up the Panama Canal . Total relaxation and  left and right views of Canal as we relaxed. Loved all the other amenities in there as well ....

• Thanks 1

I'm not a NCL expert, but we have sailed NCL about a dozen times, most recently including Epic, Breakaway, Jade, and Getaway. For me, the EPIC wins this battle hands down. Instead of the sweeping forward views of Breakaway and Getaway, the Epic offers sweeping aft views including an outside aft balcony with about 7 or 8 lounges/couches. To me, this makes Epic the best thermal spa at sea (and I do thermal spas on just about every ship that offers them). After awhile, the chlorine smell of the interior spas gets to me a bit. On Epic, you could lounge outside, on a covered balcony, in the fresh air. Huge plus. Epic may lack in some areas, but IMO she excels when it comes to thermal suites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm not a NCL expert, but we have sailed NCL about a dozen times, most recently including Epic, Breakaway, Jade, and Getaway. For me, the EPIC wins this battle hands down. Instead of the sweeping forward views of Breakaway and Getaway, the Epic offers sweeping aft views including an outside aft balcony with about 7 or 8 lounges/couches. To me, this makes Epic the best thermal spa at sea (and I do thermal spas on just about every ship that offers them). After awhile, the chlorine smell of the interior spas gets to me a bit. On Epic, you could lounge outside, on a covered balcony, in the fresh air. Huge plus. Epic may lack in some areas, but IMO she excels when it comes to thermal suites.

Ditto!!

Have been on Epic (5 times)  +  Getaway, and Jade, all of them have done +14 night transatlantic so Spa is a must.. for thermal suites.. Epic wins.. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1