Schedules out for Oct/Nov 2021 and Mar/Apr 2022 for Tahiti- Spirit and Breeze

Petoonya

Spirit leaves for Lautoka from PPT on 11/11/21 and on to Australia and Indonesia. Arrives back in PPT on 4/7/22.

Breeze departs from San Diego for PPT on 10/30/21 heads back to SD on 4/7/22.

(Lucky you Deb, you could just roll out of bed on 10/30/21 head for the harbor and be on your way!)

Looks like Breeze PPT to SD on 4/7/22 may be chartered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minidonuts85 said:

Thanks for the heads up! Waiting to see what they plan to do between the time when the Breeze arrives in SD on 10/3 and leaves to PPT. Not sure we can make the transpacific this time but 2022 might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Deb,

I have my fingers crossed for 2022 as well. I'm always drawn to the ones that are chartered.

• Like 1

They have a schedule gap between the Breeze arriving in San Diego on October 3 and leaving for the Transatlantic on October 30. I wonder if some San Diego round trips will be added. 

I'd like to do the Pacific crossing, but it wouldn't interest my husband. I hope a reduced solo supplement comes out for it.

1 hour ago, new_cruiser said:

I'd like to do the Pacific crossing, but it wouldn't interest my husband. I hope a reduced solo supplement comes out for it.

Agree with you. I'd have to drag husband along. Now you've got me checking single supplements. 😉

On 7/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, minidonuts85 said:

Not sure we can make the transpacific this time but 2022 might work.

Deb, the April 2022 is not chartered. Just booked it.

18 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

They have a schedule gap between the Breeze arriving in San Diego on October 3 and leaving for the Transatlantic on October 30. I wonder if some San Diego round trips will be added. 

Booked the 4/2022 but for husband too. He really would prefer not to go but if no single supplement. he will. I'll keep an eye on the solo.

A RT from San Diego would be wonderful too.

We booked the October crossing but was wondering wether anyone has an opinion on which direction is better or which time of year is better for transpacific crossings? I like the idea of heading into warm weather but if there was a significant difference in seas, storms or weather I might be convinced to change my strategy. 

1 hour ago, r&rd said:

We booked the October crossing but was wondering wether anyone has an opinion on which direction is better or which time of year is better for transpacific crossings? I like the idea of heading into warm weather but if there was a significant difference in seas, storms or weather I might be convinced to change my strategy. 

I couldn't face a series of 23-hour days.  OTOH 25-hour days would be lovely!  [This is how it works for trans-atlantic cruises, so I assume it would be the same on tp]

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I couldn't face a series of 23-hour days.  OTOH 25-hour days would be lovely!  [This is how it works for trans-atlantic cruises, so I assume it would be the same on tp]

Going from Japan to Alaska, we had 7 time zone changes over 9 sea days. Going from Papeete to San Diego, time zones are much wider because you are near the Equator.  Even though the sea crossing is longer, it is only 3 time zones. 3 out of 12 or 13 days getting or losing an hour doesn't seem like a deciding factor. 

Going from Japan to Alaska, we had 7 23-hour days, but we also gained an extra day when we crossed the date line - not a bad exchange for the shortened days. Tahiti and the US are on the same side of the date line so that doesn't impact Tahiti to US crossings. 

I wonder if one is better for weather than the other. April and November weather seems similar in Tahiti. October and April are both pleasant times in San Diego. So it would be whether weather and sea conditions on the way are typically better one time of year or the other. 

3 hours ago, r&rd said:

My only experience is two Hawaii-LA crossings but not really similar enough or experience enough to compare. That little bit was better in April. I agree that heading into a warm weather destination sounds like the better choice. We live in a rainy stormy, wintery place so getting out at the tail end of winter sounds better to us and spending a few days in Moorea pre-cruise. Plus it gives us a little more of a COVID buffer even though I already have Tahiti booked for 4/21.

Maybe try posting this question on the Pacific Islands board here as there is a lot of experience there.

2 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

Going from Japan to Alaska, we had 7 23-hour days, but we also gained an extra day when we crossed the date line - not a bad exchange for the shortened days.

Did you get a good sleep on that 'extra day'?  That's the problem I foresee, not the overall impact on the length of my life!

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Did you get a good sleep on that 'extra day'?  That's the problem I foresee, not the overall impact on the length of my life!

The extra day included an extra night too so, yes I did. I had good sleep all cruise. You are free to allocate the 23 hour days between sleep and activity as you wish - it is not like you need to get up early to be ready to explore a port. 

In any case, for the cruises between California and Tahiti, the lost or gained hour only affects 3 of the days.