Meraviglia from Seaside - YC Cabin Assignments for 2021

js

Hi. 

Has anyone been assigned their YC cabins that were switched from Seaside to Meraviglia?
We had two YC balcony cabins specifically chosen for February 2021 but now still have Guarantee cabins, which will not be acceptable if we dont have them before final payment. 

I also have booked the Seaside 3/4 nights as well as the week later on Seaside if my dh cannot go with us but had hoped I could see what our cabin assignments were before final payment. This is just awful. 

Thank you. 

Hi. 

Has anyone been assigned their YC cabins that were switched from Seaside to Meraviglia?
We had two YC balcony cabins specifically chosen for February 2021 but now still have Guarantee cabins, which will not be acceptable if we dont have them before final payment. 

I also have booked the Seaside 3/4 nights as well as the week later on Seaside if my dh cannot go with us but had hoped I could see what our cabin assignments were before final payment. This is just awful. 

Thank you. 

We were finally able to get our Mereviglia YC cabins assigned. Not the best locations but not the worst. If you are using a TA reach out and hope for the best

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, sjudis said:

We were finally able to get our Mereviglia YC cabins assigned. Not the best locations but not the worst. If you are using a TA reach out and hope for the best

That is at least good news for you.  Are you also sailing in February?

I am still waiting. Awful. My TA has called and emailed.

Hi.

Has anyone on the new Mereviglia sailings from Seaside been assigned their YC cabins for February?
I still have not been assigned.

I also booked the Seaside for the following week and was able to secure a RS but the Mereviglia sailing the week before

my dh can come with us, he cannot come with me the week after.

My final payment is in November and I'm guessing I am canceling all so I can get our refund back since I'm not letting

MSC keep our money if sailings haven't started in the US by November, and I'm guessing they won't be either.

17 hours ago, js said:

That is at least good news for you.  Are you also sailing in February?

I am still waiting. Awful. My TA has called and emailed.

Hi.

Has anyone on the new Mereviglia sailings from Seaside been assigned their YC cabins for February?
I still have not been assigned.

I also booked the Seaside for the following week and was able to secure a RS but the Mereviglia sailing the week before

my dh can come with us, he cannot come with me the week after.

My final payment is in November and I'm guessing I am canceling all so I can get our refund back since I'm not letting

MSC keep our money if sailings haven't started in the US by November, and I'm guessing they won't be either.

Cancel before final.  Their refund after is a train wreck.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, sjudis said:

I have been on MSC in the YC twice.  Although I gave some thought to the suite I booked, I was really under the impression that all the YC suites were just about the same.....that there was not a bad one in the bunch.  This was for Divina and Seaside.

Probably going to book YC in Meraviglia for 2021  (hopefully).  What would you consider the "best locations but not the worst."?

2 hours ago, mafig said:

Probably going to book YC in Meraviglia for 2021  (hopefully).  What would you consider the "best locations but not the worst."?

My YC Suite was on Deck 15, Starboard side.  I loved it as well as its location.  Being on Deck 16, one would be closer to the YC Lounge and then another deck higher the Restaurant.  But, that proved not to be an inconvenience.  Deck 15 was good because leaving the YC enclave, you had immediate access to the Bamboo Pool and the mid-ships pool area.  Easy access was available for the Jazz Lounge that overlooked the mid-ships pool.  (The pizza station and the grill was also easy to get to.)  

For me, the worst YC suites would be any that are inside suites.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:39 AM, dexddd said:

Cancel before final.  Their refund after is a train wreck.

I plan on doing so. I canceled an August NCL Haven cruise before final payment also and thank God every day I did that and not have NCL keep my $15k. 

I will wait and see but it doesnt look like MSC will be sailing in US soon and I will just rebook once sailing resume although will be sad since we finally were able to get RS. They are never available whem we want to book. 

18 hours ago, js said:

I plan on doing so. I canceled an August NCL Haven cruise before final payment also and thank God every day I did that and not have NCL keep my $15k. 

I will wait and see but it doesnt look like MSC will be sailing in US soon and I will just rebook once sailing resume although will be sad since we finally were able to get RS. They are never available whem we want to book. 

We had a RS booked for March on Mera.  Was really looking forward to it and missed it by one week.

Plus the prices have gotten jacked up.  The bonus FCC won't cover future pricing.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, dexddd said:

We had a RS booked for March on Mera.  Was really looking forward to it and missed it by one week.

Plus the prices have gotten jacked up.  The bonus FCC won't cover future pricing.

I have Mera booked for February 13 in two balcony YC cabins and

Seaside booked for February 21, 2021 in a RS.  I will cancel the Mera sailing if my dh cannot sail with us.

However, I just looked and we are still not assigned cabins for the February 13 Mera YC sailing (two cabins).

My mom really just stays in the YC all day/night so being on Deck 16 is important (and thus the reason we

originally booked Seaside Deck 16 before we were moved).

We also can get a healthcare discount for being a nurse but not sure how that will work since Mera is saying

no YC cabins.  The Seaside still has a RS available but my TA in the past, rebooks without canceling

when prices go down.

This all may be for nothing anyway since my final payment is the beginning of November and I'm not giving the payment if there aren't US sailings confirmed and being from NY, I really don't think this will be happening.

I'll be sending an email today.